core and price changes at Conestoga Diesel Injection

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Well, some of you may remember a while back that we were discussing the core situation. Some of you felt it was OK to charge for the core up front, and I resisted that idea. Unfortunately, I'm now finding that this seems to be the only way to ensure reliable core exchanges. So, effective 3/1/14, there will be a $250 core charge added to your purchase price. Details on our core policy are here.... http://conestogadiesel.com/corepolicy.html

You can avoid the core charge by turning your core in first, or at the time you place your order. It's unfortunate that some individuals in this community made it necessary to make this change, but.... it is what it is.

Also, I regret to announce that prices are going up about $20 across the Moose Pump family. This is due to annual increases in genuine Stanadyne parts, that unfortunately are a reality of the times we live in.

In other news... we will begin offering an extended 2nd year limited warranty for $50. I know... I know... I don't expect to sell many of those to you guys. As I have been selling Moose Pumps for 7 years, and have yet to have one come back outside of the standard 1 year warranty. But... some people like added protection.

As always, we appreciate your support, and I want to remind everyone that we have excellent prices on case lots of Hastings filters for any application. Maybe some of you want to get together and buy a case of LF299's (equivalent to the FL1995) if you don't want a whole case for yourself.

We still offer the 5% discount on IDI pumps and injectors for Oilburners members, but you MUST ask for the discount to receive it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually Mel this is all good news. Nothing burns me up more than a flake "promising you a core" and then stiffing you for it. Paying up front will solve that for sure and it can cause a hardship for some. But business is done they way the market demands. I, like many recall the scam about a pump what went to the WRONG address and that person said they would ship it back to you.. But it vanished someone in the words. Finally authorities got involved and these 2 perps came clean as to what they tried to scam you out of. A customer drives a business. You sell what they want. Give top quality work and support and they will come. ALWAYS... There is some creep looking to get one over on you. I have had a few creeps bend me over thru ebay on things I bought. I was selling some radio controlled planes to a crep in San Deigo. He bought all I had. A 4 engine B17. A 2 engine P38 and a 2 engine B26. They all had 78 inch wing spans. He wanted to meet up and see them and pay cash. Nope.. Payapal is all I will take. That guy worked me for several days on trying to make me feel I was wrong and that nobody would buy something like this site unseen.. *** Homer. I filed a complaint with ebay and they kicked his junk all over the playground from what I learned. All those planes were sold site unseen later. Those that got them were overwhelmed at the builds too. Some other creep from central cali wanted to buy a Husky 125 motocross bike. I listed it with a $1000.00 bid and a buy it now of $1500.00. Well this guy wanted it but wanted to pay $500.00 now and the balance on pickup but only a total amount of $1300.00.. The guy could barely speak English. Said he no his money and can only approve $1300.00. If I would change the buy it now he would pay that now. I waited several days but did drop the bin to $1300.00. He never bought it. Another collector bought it fast as a prom dress comes off in the back seat of a 55 chevy.... That guy was happy as a puppy with 2 peters.. Why I find the dreges of society is my only issues. The wife says its my bad karma I send out to others... Some people just look for ways to scam others. Its a way of life.

gandalf

Reaction score
I think you've made the right decision, Mel. It's a business decision, pure and simple. Running a business on trust, among "friends", is great, until those friends start to screw you. You can't afford that if you want to stay in business. After all, you're running a business, not a benevolent society. If you sell your products at a loss you won't be there tomorrow. So yes, I support you in this decision, though I wish it weren't necessary.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife says its my bad karma I send out to others... Some people just look for ways to scam others. Its a way of life.

I'm gonna hijack this thread for just a second.... Karma is a reaction to an action.... Good action = good karma, Bad action = bad karma.... Not WORDS, but ACTIONS.

Unless you are a completely different person in reality then I would have to wonder how a constant interaction on this site helping others and sharing knowledge along with the timing meter work you do can result in anything other than good returns...... I can say that with eBay you are dealing with scumbags on a global scale. Not that eBay doesnt kick ass. I love eBay. But I figure the ratio of scumbags to good, honest people to be AT LEAST 2 - 1 on earth. With a global audience you're talking about a lot of jerk offs...

Mel, I just have this to say. Great products. Great customer service. Good, honest, hardworking people building a small business from the ground up. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are behind you 100% and we will support you every step of the way.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The 5% discount has been in place for over a year. Everybody is supposed to know about it here, by word of mouth. I can't apply it after the fact. Sorry. Being in a "club" has it's advantages, and I can't push the policy from this end. That's up to you guys.

We do appreciate all the business you guys send our way, and we have a lot of pride in supporting the IDI community.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Zaggnutt.. Thanks for the kid words. My wife sees things from different eyes than I do. An example is I felt I had friends at work.. nope.. She said those are co workers and they will turn on you for self preservation in a heartbeat.. Some sure did and I was shocked at what happened. Been that way all my life. I sometimes feel theres a welcome mat on my back by the way others in this world walk on me for silly things. Even my sister and 2 brothers have not talked to me since 2005 just after our mother died. They took everything. The home sold for around $600,00.00. Our parents ingrained into us anything left was to be split 4 ways no matter it be a dollar or a debt. I did not get one red cent and sister moved back to Vegas and bought a new condo. Both brothers remodeled their homes. I recently found this out. Seems my sis took my share. Everything should have gone thru probate because it was over $100,000.00 but it did not. I have moved on now. they got the money and kept a family. I got nothing. I have a wonderful life. I can't complain. I enjoy helping others and if I was to "find" millions I probably would share with many. Might even share with family but that sure would hurt daughter and wife after whats happened... This site is not my only connection to the world. I do things I really don't want people to know it was me. There is great personal satisfaction in helping others. I only wish I could do more helping to others but its what it is.
When a business has to make changes to stay solvent its usually a tuff decision to make. Upping the cost of what you do is a necessary tool. Trying to keep customers honest is putting your hand in their wallet. My only problem with a core fee is what good is it when you can't find a core. Mel has had that experience too. Times change and when cores are not available no core fee will buy a core or cause someone to return a core. I have 2 cores here. One is frozen up but the other is in a sealed plastic barrle with an oiled rag wrapped round the pump. Thats either a Moose pump or a Pensacola pump. I can't find any marks telling me what it is. But I know its one or the other. The froxen pump has a painted case on it. Should ahve known years ago that meant it was junk but we learn. If you figure a well built pump like Mels last 125,000 miles easily its not a good idea to have a couple sitting on a shelf in the garage but. If you had a crap pump and felt you were on borrowed time .. Well having a Moose pump sitting dry and warm waiting for the call is a great idea. Thats what I was doing for years. I used my Moose pump for occasions where I needed it and the other crap pump for when I did not need the extra the Moose pump delivered. I will be sending this failed pump to Mel when funds allow. I'm not comfortable not having a spare and possibly needing one. I do have a injection pump rebuilder that really good but I have not tested them yet that I know of..

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Mel will you rebuild my injection pump? This summer I'm thinking of rebuilding it and doing injectors. My pump has never been touched and has 140,000mi on it. I always had my own pump rebuilt on my 6.9 (twice) and sold it in 2000 with 300,000mi and I still see it running around town today. Just my personal preferance to get my own parts back.