Compounds - A due diligence quest

wmoguy

Reaction score
Wmoguy, are those pictures of those compound setups similar to what you were thinking? Those are what I was talking about...

Thx for taking the time to find those. I'll give it some thought.I think I have a cleaner way, but the drive Friday will give me more time to ponder the pros and cons of each. Thx again!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id think the best way to mount is on the manifold over the wheel well after moving my batts i have tons of room

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for taking the time to find those. I'll give it some thought.I think I have a cleaner way, but the drive Friday will give me more time to ponder the pros and cons of each. Thx again!

No problem. What are your thought on the setup? Where do think you might put um?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorta youll see in the pics
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

made a new holder for everything then moved both to the drivers side
the ground on pass side is grounded to the fender
and the hot is electric taped off till i get time to get the connector on with soder

wmoguy

Reaction score
ok guys I wont sleep until I can figure this out. help please ;Sweet

Question of the day: What is the Volumetric Efficiency of STOCK heads on our IDIs????? (as a percentage)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ve depends on more than heads iirc its about 90 percent for a stock idi ported with a turbo

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
ok guys I wont sleep until I can figure this out. help please ;Sweet

Question of the day: What is the Volumetric Efficiency of STOCK heads on our IDIs????? (as a percentage)

good question, i know a guy with a flow bench i have been bugging to get some numbers for. i would really like to see how our parts flow, this gives a better idea if what the engine is capable of.

wmoguy

Reaction score
not sure how accurate it is, but I found some old threads dating back to 2005 on another forum. The fella's on there that seemed to be knowledgable were stating the ve was somewhere around 75-80% on a stock motor. Based on my chosen turbos and design I think I'm close enough for government work on the map points. LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
not sure how accurate it is, but I found some old threads dating back to 2005 on another forum. The fella's on there that seemed to be knowledgable were stating the ve was somewhere around 75-80% on a stock motor. Based on my chosen turbos and design I think I'm close enough for government work on the map points. LOL

if you found it on the net, you can take it to the bank.

But yes that probably is close enough.

wmoguy

Reaction score
if you found it on the net, you can take it to the bank.

But yes that probably is close enough.

:rotflmao Indeed!

Well our buddy Mel was in on the convo so I figured at that point the info was more than good enough for me.

wmoguy

Reaction score
BTW I put a post up in the marketplace. I'm looking for an oil pan. If anyone has one they want to donate to the cause or sell to me please hit me up.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any at a local jy near you? They might have one for cheap. On another note, I could find one at a local jy by me for pretty cheap I'm sure. Over holiday weekends, they have half of sales on all parts. Its pretty cool.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
na that sounds right
with a compound you should be over 100