Cold start vid

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm pretty excited to get a cold start vid tommorow morning. The forcast calls for a low of 16* tommorow and a high of 25*, that is the coldest forcast I have ever seen here since I've been alive, thats crazy cold for where I live. There calling for snow in Portland and the whole valley next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, thats crazy talk. Global warming :rotflmao , I laugh at that statement.

So I'm going to wake up at 7am tommorow and get a cold start vid of my truck at 16*. I've never started it below 27*, and then it kinda hesitated, so lets see what it does at 16*

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have gotten one today of mine. It was 9 Degress with a wind chill of -10. IT wasnt plugged in , jumped in cycled the glow plugs for about 6-8 secs and held it to the floor, She happily came to life.....I was impressed.;Sweet

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
16 is a cold start? I tried to drink a beer out by the truck today and it froze in my hand, thats enough to **** you off

FordGuy100

Reaction score
16 is a cold start? I tried to drink a beer out by the truck today and it froze in my hand, thats enough to **** you off

LOL yeah 16* is a cold start for me, it hardly ever drops below 28* here, about 20* is the lowest I've ever seen so 16* is kind of suprising to me. I've been in single digit temps (when we used to go elk hunting in Burns, Oregon), but I've never cold started my truck up in those types of temps.

I'm thinking about going to Eastern Oregon university just for the cold temps :D.

benwill1

94Ecabfaciditrb4x4
Reaction score
This is not cold...but kinda neat. Most of the rattle is the garage door behind the cam
You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This is not cold...but kinda neat. Most of the rattle is the garage door behind the cam
You must be registered for see images attach

Cool vid ;Sweet.

So this is how its going to work tommorow. My camera will only take a 15 second clip, so it wont give me enough time to start the recording, jump in the truck, wait for the glow plugs, crank it, fire it, probably crank it agian, and so on. So I will start the vid with the camera outside the truck, with me sitting in the cab (the camera has a 5 second delay thing that I will use to get into the truck), but I will turn the key before I start the recording/delay, so by the time it starts recording it will only be a second or two until I crank it over. That way it will give it some time to stumble, and grumble, and die, and me crank it some more.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good one. My red truck lopes a little bit when its below 15 degrees.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are you running a thinner oil during the winter, probably not since it sounds like it rarely gets that cold where you live. If thats the case then the oil is going to drag until its good and warm. Also could be your starters brushes are going.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DAMN that was a hard start, spinning over waay slow for sure, your starter is starting to sound like mine did when it started to die. Also, what are you running for oil?
I'll have to get one of mine this afternoon.