Reaction score
does anybody know of good coiloves for the front of r trucks
Mine is 91 cc4x4
Thanks for any info

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True coil overs require a complete refab and engineering of the entire front suspension.

If you have an F250 or F350 that means removing the leaf springs adding in some type of linked suspension and so forth.

Why unless doing competition do you want to do all this?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im with riot on this one. but king and fox are the first 2 that come to mind. theres plenty of companies out there that make them.

bullwhip

Reaction score
Just looking for helpers for my tired springs. Found and installed them on the back already. Just wondering if they made some for the front.
sorry I should have said that in my first post.
Thanks again

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
since no one hear seams to know what exactly your talking about except me the ones you used in the back will work up front you just gotta put a bushing in the top hole i use f250 rears in my truck since 350 fronts dident hold there gas charge bc the leveling kit in my front end had the shocks most of the way out and i assume the light off roading around the farm tryed too pull them apart and killed the gas seal

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since no one hear seams to know what exactly your talking about except me the ones you used in the back will work up front you just gotta put a bushing in the top hole i use f250 rears in my truck since 350 fronts dident hold there gas charge bc the leveling kit in my front end had the shocks most of the way out and i assume the light off roading around the farm tryed too pull them apart and killed the gas seal
how could anyone know he was meaning spring assist shocks....not true coil overs, his question was specific to.coil overs not booster springs.

i doubt that any spring assist shock will offer much help to tired leaf springs under an IDI personally.

better to get air bags or replace the worn springs entirely IMHO cause as sure as night is dark...those weee lil wires used on spring assist shocks will be tortured and beaten in no time by that weight of the engine ....

JM2CW....

Al

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
how could anyone know he was meaning spring assist shocks....not true coil overs, his question was specific to.coil overs not booster springs.

i doubt that any spring assist shock will offer much help to tired leaf springs under an IDI personally.

better to get air bags or replace the worn springs entirely IMHO cause as sure as night is dark...those weee lil wires used on spring assist shocks will be tortured and beaten in no time by that weight of the engine ....

JM2CW....

Al

Id have to agree, those iddy biddy booster shocks only offer about a 500 lb assist new and if the springs are hammered, that would go south in a hurry
Not to mention trying to suspend a truck this heavy with your shock mount bolts will be a short lived venture , especially if you ever go off pavement
Air bags are your friend here, or get a new set of springs, or an add a leaf

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I've got the Firestone air bags up front. They improve the ride a decent amount, but with only about 20 PSI of air. Any more than that and they actually worsen the ride...

BUT, I've got a D50 axle, and the design of the D50 is such that even new, there is very little spring deflection with the front end at weight. The D50 springs are negatively arched, and flex VERY little under load.

With a D60 you might be better off getting a re-arched spring pack, or a new spring pack...

;Sweet

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
the front springs are a problem in most f250s from my experiance the f350 front springs seem to have a positive arch and hold up better but keep in mind im poor so i dont get to play around and buy air bags and such to keep my truck rideing smoth my truck eats shocks shakes at like 50 mph and the only thing that ik of that i havent replaced in the front of my truck are the spring bushings and the springs. if i had the money to buy air bags i would also swap to front 350 springs and only use the main spring so the air bag does all the work shuld masivly improve the air bags effective ness.