Clutch pedal bushing fix

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my clutch pedal rod has popped off a few times now. I’ve replaced the bushing a couple of times but it happens again in short order. It’s never left me stranded, it seems the push rod rests in the groove on the pin. Anyway, I’ve seen the Heim joint mod, but it seems like more work than is necessary. This is the fix I came up with today. It cost less than $2 and took me about 10 minutes. I had a relatively new bushing, and there was no discernible wear on the pin. I’m not sure I would use my fix if the pin is badly worn. First thing I did was pop the bushing out, and snip the four locking fingers off. Then I took a thin 3/8” washer and reamed it out with a carbide burr until it would just fit over the pin. I believe it’s 7/16”. The secret is this.
You must be registered for see images attach

I picked up a few different sizes to try, but 5/16” seemed to be the winner. I think it was $1.25.

Get everything in place, and crimp it closed with a pair of pliers. I did the whole job with everything in place. It seems to work well, but I guess time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk