Clutch job with Banks turbo

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just put on a Banks turbo on my 93 and it looks to me like I will have to remove the up pipe to slide the trans back when i go to change the clutch. I figured someone on here has done this already. I should have changed the clutch first as the new one has been sitting on the floor in the shop for a couple months now. I just couldnt wait to put the turbo on though.

Thanks!
Dave

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have an ATS turbo, but I had to pull the up pipe and downpipe to get my tranny out. If your 2wheel drive, you can just slide the tranny back far enough and do the clutch like that. But if your truck is like mine, and its 4 wheel drive, then you wont be able to slide the tranny back far enough to really be able to do anything. I guess you could, but the way I pulled it I couldnt :D.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, its a 4wd with a zf5. I read your thread about pulling your trans with no jack, i cant even imagine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Kinda looks like you have a psd starter on there... Is that so and how is it working...

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, I know when i put the kit on there is a little ear that sticks down on the up pipe and it kinda clips onto the top of the bellhousing.

Also, I have a nippondenso PSD style starter just like that and its much better than the mitsu unit it replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online