Cheapest wmo setup

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
This truck is just shy of 200k miles, sitting at 198k and currently waiting on plugs and coil packs. I started to feel a shudder, felt like the rear diff was gonna let go when accelerating under load, then was pulling out of work, it started popping and banging at an idle in park. If you hit the gas, it sounds like a carbed engine fouled out.
But hey, that's what I get for buying a gasser,lol

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only knowledge of those motors is a couple guys that had to have their engine replaced at 50k. That could possibly have been the smaller v8 though I'm not sure. They were both F150s. It was enough to stop me from considering one. Yes I'm sure there are thousands of them that are fine, but.....

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only knowledge of those motors is a couple guys that had to have their engine replaced at 50k. That could possibly have been the smaller v8 though I'm not sure. They were both F150s. It was enough to stop me from considering one. Yes I'm sure there are thousands of them that are fine, but.....
They are the gas 6.0 in my opinion many folks have great luck and they can be “bulletproofed” but there are those………….

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They are the gas 6.0 in my opinion many folks have great luck and they can be “bulletproofed” but there are those………….
I'll second that opinion. From what little I know about them, that's also my understanding. I have a friend who loves those engines. He's replaced the can phasers in several trucks. He told me that when you start hearing some extra cam noise, just replace them right away. He said that his youngest son got a steal of a deal on a 2008 with the 5.4. He told him that since they could hear that noise, he wasn't going to drive the truck until they replaced them. After that, no problems.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I totally agree on the 3v motors being questionable at best, but I think we're starting to get them mixed up a bit.
The 2v ain't all that bad, it's actually a very reliable engine. Only real issue is the plugs blowing out, but it certainly wasn't the only engine with that issue,
Same deal with the v10, 4.6, 4.0.

Rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online