CDR valve replacement???

mf7lakes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a rubber tube going from the bottom of the CDR valve down into the valley pan. The new rubber tube I've got has threads on the bottom of it. Well, I figured the old one does too -- except I've been turning on it for about 35 minutes (with a pulling force on a pair of vice-grips and without a pulling force) and the darn thing hasn't moved/come out one bit.

should I try to just pry the thing off? what else am I doing wrong?

this should be a very simple thing -- but for me, it ain't.............

Thanks in advance for any help..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its probably just gotten hard over the years. Try prying it off but don't damage the pan its stuck in. You might have to trim the new one to fit the cdr. I have never repalced one of these on a none trubo engine. In that hole in the pan is where my turbo oil drains thru. I coat the drain tube with rtv jump to make sure I have no leaks between the line and the rubber grommit. You might rtv the rubber hose into the pan too. Its just added insurance of no leaks.

mf7lakes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ican -- I'll use the rtv advice -- I think I'll just cut it down the side with a razor blade -- and then trim to fit the new one..... will let you know.

update: Thanks again ican -- just pulled it out with a pair of vice-grips -- then used rtv

Last edited: