Carter vs. Facet

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
And done!
You must be registered for see images attach

Initial startup was so much smoother than I'm used to, wont have a drive test till tonight. Couple things, I bypassed the factory hardline to the filter head, how necessary is the fuel heater? Also I left both ends of the line off the mechanical pump open.

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
And done!
You must be registered for see images attach

Initial startup was so much smoother than I'm used to, wont have a drive test till tonight. Couple things, I bypassed the factory hardline to the filter head, how necessary is the fuel heater? Also I left both ends of the line off the mechanical pump open.

My hardline fuel heater has never worked, and thus, even in the cold winter months of Michigan and my frequent trips to Iowa in the early months of the new year, (sometime -10F) I've never had an issue.

Now I just posted a question regarding fuel pumps... and that looks like a beauty there.. BUT what / where did you get it? Price? Fuel pressure output?

I ask because my Holley Red ..erm... works kind of well, under #2, and I need something that can move some veg/#2 blend while still producing some pressure.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I got it at work, I'm a mechanic and we also have a parts store. Its a Carter P4070, 6psi and 72gph. I have a discount but you can get them for around $80

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Morning starts are much better! I know its a bandaid for my air intrusion causing it to lose prime overnight I just havent ordered my return line kit yet. Idles and runs smoother, throttle response is crisper, electric fuel is the way to go.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL...got one of those fuel pumps years ago....maybe....30 years ago actually and it could have been a higher PSI one not sure..but same type pump none the less.

Nice looking install and it sounds like it worked well for you. That's all that really matters now isnt it.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Not sure how tall the Facet pump is but theres only one section of frame tall enough to fit this Carter, where it starts to curve up near the tire. Fair warning everyone

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
The Facet likes to draw the fuel and should be mounted above the fuel tank. Mine is mounted right next to and before the fuel filter.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idles and runs smoother, throttle response is crisper, electric fuel is the way to go.
Howzzat? There is a wealth of fuel available with the mechanical pump. There is always excess returning to the tank. The IP takes what it needs and the rest is dumpedwhether it is a mechanical or electric pump. A diesel has a constantly varying a/f ratio by design. Want more power, enrich the mixture. Want less, lean it out.

Maybe there is something else going on here. Like the old pump was worn or the pressure from the new pump slightly changed the timing. Or my favorite guilty pleasure, change a part and the vehicle seems to run better. I just changed the radiator on my Jeep and I swear it runs better.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or my favorite guilty pleasure, change a part and the vehicle seems to run better. I just changed the radiator on my Jeep and I swear it runs better.
I get that feeling every time I change the oil:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online