Carrier Pump Group Buy

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of these on my trucks before it blew up and it never had a problem, less than 10,000 miles. Since then it has sat on the shelf with diesel in it and looped lines. I went to use it to prime my old vw and it won't pump? Its clacking just like always but doesn't seem to want to do the job. This thing can prime the air out itself right? I gravity fed it for a couple minutes and no go, wondering if there is something I am missing or if its dead?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I had one of these on my trucks before it blew up and it never had a problem, less than 10,000 miles. Since then it has sat on the shelf with diesel in it and looped lines. I went to use it to prime my old vw and it won't pump? Its clacking just like always but doesn't seem to want to do the job. This thing can prime the air out itself right? I gravity fed it for a couple minutes and no go, wondering if there is something I am missing or if its dead?

There is a check valve in it that might have gotten stuck while sitting. Maybe put some pressure in the inlet side?

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished installing the pump and it works great. I used an 8 or 10 inch by one or one and,a quarter diameter piece of threaded pipe, the circle base with four mounting holes the pipe threads into and a u bolt. I bolted the pipe base to the metal plate on top of the front right wheel under the hood. Then I screwed the pipe into the base and attached the u bolt to the pipe withthe strap that comes with the u bolt. Then I attached the pump to the pipe with two nuts on the ends of the u bolt. Finally zip tie the relay to the pipe.

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finished installing the pump and it works great. I used an 8 or 10 inch by one or one and,a quarter diameter piece of threaded pipe, the circle base with four mounting holes the pipe threads into and a u bolt. I bolted the pipe base to the metal plate on top of the front right wheel under the hood. Then I screwed the pipe into the base and attached the u bolt to the pipe withthe strap that comes with the u bolt. Then I attached the pump to the pipe with two nuts on the ends of the u bolt. Finally zip tie the relay to the pipe.

Sounds like a nice job: how about posting a pic of the installation.

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold the truck to a family member. I'll try and snap a few pictures of it when I see it again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online