car vs f350

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny

I got a couple of laughs reading through the thread....neck was a little sore but Im definitely fine. I ll take a few pictures of the drop bumper. Underneath the chrome is 3/8" steel stock frame that the ball attaches too. two of the bolts on each side were sheared off. Yea, it has a certification stamp. 10k. I was surprised too; however, like i said in the first post there...id prefer a standard bumper and class 5 hitch.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but I just had my own car vs. F350 experience.
My wife called me from the mall parking lot, where her car refused to start. So, I packed the kids in the back of the truck (4 and 8 year old girls), and headed off to rescue Mama. A few blocks before I got to my destination, a little blue Honda Civic pulled right out in front of me. Locked up the brakes, veered into the turn lane, then tore the left front completely off of the Civic and pushed the whole car about 5 feet off to the right.
Everyone was totally fine.
Damage to the Honda: left front fender, bumper, hood crumpled beyond recognition; all the lights were shattered and thrown across the road; looks like it probably bent the wheel too............I would guess it's totalled.
Damage to the good 'ol Ford; scratched my bumper. Might have bent it back a hair, but hard to tell from it being bent up in a previous fight with a fence post.

So now the tally is;
Ford F350's; 2 points
Idiot driver's; 0 points

Like the OP may be asking himself also: how freakin' big does my truck need to be in order for people to see it:dunno

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Bike-Maker...

Ive been rear ended twice myself, i can guarantee that my truck is a HECK of alot more visible that the OP's red dually.

I firmly believe all drivers need to ride a motorcycle for a year before they can graduate to a car. Hopefully this would make them a little bit more aware of their surroundings and the ones that can't ride cant drive!

onus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newer truck may be bigger but you would be crazy to mess with the steel bumpers on these things. They are freaking thick, not the plastic crap the new ones has. Speaking of which my idi needs a new front bumper at some point, its all bent up. It even has a long story to go along with it from the previous owner.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me a couple bolts sheered. Glad your OK. Good luck on the new bumper.

Regarding the ratings of bumpers I had a bumper on the back of a 1/2 ton truck called the road warrior. It had a rating "this bumper is capable of more weight than the pull vehicle, make sure to not exceed vehicle ratings" It was a BS rating.

I am a strong believe in a good receiver hitch and normal bumper.

Once again glad your OK an the truck didn't get messed up any worse.