car vs f350

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this guy rear ended me yesterday. I never saw it coming.. I was stopped at a traffic light. Yeap that would be the top of my tow bumper. Anyone remember off the top of their head who made those custom bumpers? It is one with a 10k pounds tow capacity. I gonne be getting a new one. Tail gate will need some work too.

Although, I may prefer just getting a regular bumper and class 5 receiver hitch.

Attachments

• 2011-05-15_16_41_25.jpg
    2011-05-15_16_41_25.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 2011-05-15_16_41_47.jpg
    2011-05-15_16_41_47.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 83

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're okay... I love seeing these trucks getting hit; a new bumper and she's good to go!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you weren't injured. Too bad on the truck bumper, but it's not too bad. Dude/Chick was probalby texting or shaving, or whatever and not paying attention.:rolleyes:

Heath

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working in a high tourist area I see what we like to call "chicken wrecks" on a regular basis. Someone doing a suicide 3 lane change because they missed their seafood resturant or a slew of other crazy mess. Its amazing to note the difference in vehicle damage by the vintage of the vehicle. Modern vehicles with their 6 million crumple zones and impact dispersion points do just that. They crush up like a soda can on even a low speed impact. The passenger compartment remains intact but the vehicle is way jacked. On the other hand older vehicles can often times be driven away. Given the option in a wreck I'd take my F350 verse most modern vehicles any day of the week.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow if that bumper just folded like that ig get something better if you think with 10k on it and you have to lock the breaks up but the trailer breaks dont work whats happening there?
glad youre ok and all thats damaged is the bumper

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
ugh, the name of that bumper is on the tip of my tongue and I can't friggin remember... Glad you fared well and are ok.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The proper name for that type is a "drop bumper". They are usually measured by the amount of drop from top to hitch area, 8", 10" and 12" being popular if I remember. I believe there are still ads for them in the back of Four Wheeler, Peterson's 4 wheel and Off Road or something similar. Sorry, the manufacturer name eludes me as well.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Glad your ok. Too bad the bumper took a zap like that. Well - Let's see -
Bundy Bumper made one like that - Mr.Pickup made one like that - Hercules made them too - There is a Mr.Pickup version close to me here that I was considering picking up myself for a good deal.....

Here's a link:

http://www.reflexxion.com/downloads/reflexxion_2007_stepbumper_systems.pdf

Here's a link with a price for the bumper and bracket kit:

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Distinctive_Reflexxion_Steel_Rear_Bumpers.html

I will see whatelse I can find....

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
The back of my truck looks like the the first picture after getting rear ended not once but twice at a fairly good speed (one time was hard enough to knock the radio out of my dash).

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of farm trucks have bumpers like that around here. The once around here are made by DMI. Except the ones around here also have the spring loaded hitch built into them.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a bumper rated for 10k?
not sure id want to tow 10k with a bumper.are you sure about that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance