Cant get trans codes on my obs!

Desert Diesel Dog

Reaction score
"shifts hard"

VACUME MODULATOR PROBLEM ???

In the past, I have had a few automatic transmissions that weren't shifting right and I changed the ‘VACUME MODULATOR’. They shifted fine after that.

It is very easy to change… it just attaches from the outside. The outside part is round and roughly 1 ½ inches in diameter.

Also… these Modulators are not very expensive… maybe still less than $20 these days. [I think I only paid about $12 & $16 a long time ago]

I am certainly NOT an expert with automatics. Your transmission might not even have a Vacuum Modulator. BUT… you might want to check into this. IF… this is the problem, it might be an ‘easy fix’.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't think the E40D has a vacuum modulator.
Unconfirmed, but I've heard bad map or clogged ebp tube/bad sensor can cause hard shifting. But again, it's just what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordbrother95

dreams of smoke
Reaction score
I don't think the E40D has a vacuum modulator.
Unconfirmed, but I've heard bad map or clogged ebp tube/bad sensor can cause hard shifting. But again, it's just what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now my truck as of right now has a map sensor code in the ecm, would it be worth it to try changing mine out?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

fordbrother95

dreams of smoke
Reaction score
Yeah 35 at napa priced one the other day just didnt know if it was worth getting or not thank you i will go ahead with one!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online