cab swap

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well little off topic from my motor but my cab is rusted out bad, like the Flinstones car and under my windshield, the cowl is just gone. so I have a buddy who has a 1988 cab for $200 and I want to swap it with mine and use my 1985 front clip, I am 90% sure it's a direct bolt up? pretty sure the body lines match because I do have 90s doors on my 85 and the lines match.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it's ALMOST a direct bolt up. The bottom fender bolt is different but it's not off by much. I can't remember what needs to be done to it.

The bumper is my particular concern, I believe the frame ends are different so the bullnose bumper doesn't bolt on unless your frame is an 85 as well?

Sounds like your just putting the 88 cab on an 85 but if I'm wrong I wanted to mention the bumper it just in case.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's ALMOST a direct bolt up. The bottom fender bolt is different but it's not off by much. I can't remember what needs to be done to it.

The bumper is my particular concern, I believe the frame ends are different so the bullnose bumper doesn't bolt on unless your frame is an 85 as well?

Sounds like your just putting the 88 cab on an 85 but if I'm wrong I wanted to mention the bumper it just in case.

well bumper is not a worry, i dont have a stock bumper i have a cat walk bumper so i can adjust as needed my frame is an 85 i want to put a 88 cab on it with the bull nose front end off my 85

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Yeah as far as I know the bottom fender bolt is the only difference then. I think it might need a small bracket to catch that bolt. Other than that from what I've read it should bolt up the same.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Yeah as far as I know the bottom fender bolt is the only difference then. I think it might need a small bracket to catch that bolt. Other than that from what I've read it should bolt up the same.

ok thanks, i think i can handle a bracket for the bottom bolt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle