cab mount

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The rear cab mount on My crew cab on the pass side is gone :mad:, I'll have to go buy some real bolts and put something on its place but I just need one. I lifted the truck 2" with a body lift but I'm sure I'm not calling those guys again (sent Me the bolts with the wrong thread nuts -cuss ) so what can I buy local that I could use on its place. I measured it and it is about 4 1/2 inches with polyurethane mount and 2"lift mount.

Any ideas on what to use and where? Wood, steel, hard plastic???? I tow with this truck so I need something fast.

Thank You.

suv7734

Reaction score
Don't laugh but it has worked before... Hockey pucks with a hole drilled in the center. I've actually seen guys use them as lift blocks.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Somebody posted about using hockey pucks as spacers for a body lift a while back...think it was here but I'm not positive.

The bolt & nut should be findable at a Home Depot type of store.

Mike

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep, that member is Ron (dieseldogcatcher), thank You for the tip. Now where do I find that? The only thing I have that looks like that is My weights but i need them to exercise in the morning.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Great, My friend sister used to work at one so maybe she can get Me some.

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You, someone told Me they have them at toy's R us too so if they don't I'll drive to the one You said tomorrow and get Me some, how many should I need total with the 2" lift?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Thank You, someone told Me they have them at toy's R us too so if they don't I'll drive to the one You said tomorrow and get Me some, how many should I need total with the 2" lift?

Ez, You'll need 2 to get ya 2". Prolly gonna cast ya bout 2 bucks.;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Cool, I knew when the guy at the white flint store told Me $8.99 each something wasn't right.

Btw I'll try the kmart tomorrow too, Thank You.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, did you miss that part in the instructions that said to "Periodically check the tightness of your body mounts, especially in the first 1000 miles". ?? You should probably contact Hoaks and see if they can get individual parts from the factory. The hocky pucks will do in the short term, but you don't really want to have one mount different than the rest. Well, maybe you do, but I know that would bug the hell out of me. LOL

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The problem for Me was that the bolts and nut had a different thread and if You tightened the bolts it would eat all the thread from the nuts, the kit comes with 7/16 and 1/2 inch bolts but only one size nuts cookoo . It was hard enough doing the lift to also deal with this so I went to fastenal and got Me some real bolts now You are right about the mount, it doesn't bother Me much but You are still right it is better having all the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online