c6 to 4 speed conversion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi

We just blew the c6 transmission on our dumptruck. i have a t19 4 speed out of a 1987 truck that i want to put in there, i also have all the pedal brackets and clutch master cylinder and slave cylinders.. What else am i looking at as far as fab. i also have a good flywheel and brand new clutch.

MAtt

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi

We just blew the c6 transmission on our dumptruck. i have a t19 4 speed out of a 1987 truck that i want to put in there, i also have all the pedal brackets and clutch master cylinder and slave cylinders.. What else am i looking at as far as fab. i also have a good flywheel and brand new clutch.

MAtt

Probably a different driveline. Think you'd be interested in an Advance Adapters Ranger underdrive to help that dump truck get those heavy loads movin (or so you could gear the rear end higher for fuel economy at highway speeds)?

If so send me a PM - I have one...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Should be a bolt in operation. Drive shafts should be a direct bolt in.
Doesn't look like you missed anything. Pretty simple swap. Just don't forget to unbolt the C-6 trans shift linkage off the frame rail before you separate the trans from the motor. Makes life a wee bit easier.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The under the dash stuff.... some things I learned recently which may be of interest to you. I don't think the bracket is any different, but the clutch pedal, brake pedal, and the shaft they rest on all need to come out of the manual donor. For whatever reason, Ford in their infinite wisdom decided that the solid (manual) shaft used as a pivot point for all the pedals, was more expensive than stocking a different brake pedal and hollow shaft for the automatics. I'd also make sure you put in the slave cylinder firewall reinforcement kit if it is applicable to your model year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk