by the way Mel...

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
"Proceed by removing the 5/16” bolts holding the timing gear to the injection pump. These bolts require a 16 point socket or open end wrench." - Mel

-this part of you IP replacement article had me running around for a couple hours looking for a a 16 pt. socket...its a 12 :D I guess im the only one dumb enough to think a 16 pt. existed, but just in case it might be better to fix this typo ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! That thing has been read by a lot of folks, and your the first to catch it! So much for my proof readers.... -cuss LOL

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
My college roomate used to tell a story on himself. When he was younger, and bothering the "big" boys as they worked on their cars, they would senf him to get them a " Metric Adjustable" wrench. He was away for hours.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Fowler said:
My college roomate used to tell a story on himself. When he was younger, and bothering the "big" boys as they worked on their cars, they would senf him to get them a " Metric Adjustable" wrench. He was away for hours.
That reminds me of a guy I used to know on my Scout boat. He was a few fries short of a Happy Meal, and the other engineers and I took advantage of that whenever we had the chance ;) Sent him looking for left-handed monkey wrenches, cans of relative bearing grease, rolls of water line, etc...and like Michael's former roomate, this guy would be gone for hours.

In light of that, I suppose we deserved this...one day, one of the other engineers asked him to grab a 1/2" combination wrench. He spent the next 20 minutes arguing with the engineer about how 1/2" combination wrenches didn't exist :rolleyes:

I think everyone on the boat was relieved when he finally left...he was a danger to himself and everyone else onboard...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
On the Fire Dept end of this gag, we used to send the probationary members all over the county looking for a "hose stretcher". Each fire house would call the next one they were sending the probie to & ask that the probie be sent across town. This also would go on for hours. Much like Warden's ordeal, our station had to knock it off after one of OUR probies told a Battalion Chief there was no such thing as a hose ROLLER, which most certainly exisits. It's used to drain the excess water out of the discharged supply lines before being rolled & stacked back on the rig. Chief was NOT amused which resulted in a two week suspension for me & a few other responsible parties :D

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to send newbies to the motor pool to get "I" "D" "10" "T" forms in order to fix our trucks.. A few of us even went to look for "PRC E7s" Well most of the radios in the military start with the nomenclature PRC but we call them ***** 77's, prc 119's, prc 117's etc, well a ***** e-7 is a disgruntled gunnery sergeant.. Not a good thing to find one of those.. Scotty

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
beretzs said:
We used to send newbies to the motor pool to get "I" "D" "10" "T" forms in order to fix our trucks..

Don't forget the ole "HT" punch or go get me 20 feet of waterline. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the 80's we used to tell new computer service techs to get a can of liquid DOS from the stock room.

Reaction score
Actually know of a girl that got a service charge for putting winter air in her tires...

paul

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I got written up at work once... I put that the customer had the "ID 10 T" virus on the service call... it didn't go over well :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online