Buying Another IDI

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
oh hell here it goes LOL. kenneth ( and kara) I will be down in the next couple weeks to help with the resto/repair/fix of your latest steal. I have no idea how you two do it but my hat is off to your abilities to beat me to em!

btw I like the rims, I wish I could find a set like that.

kenneth if your up to I will would be willing to get the camper and repair it, do some trading maybe or something.

punk

I just look for the "junkers". I've bought three IDIs now for a grand total of $1,250. All three were 4x4 too. One had a turbo, one was a CC, and the third I got for cheaper to take the camper with it... :dunnocookoo

We can work something out on the camper for sure because I don't need/want it. I'll take a closer look at it to see what will be needed to fix it. I didn't really pay much attention to it because I thought that the guy would want more with the camper. Heck, Kara says if you get her a nice center console you can have the camper... :rotflmao BTW, do you still have the arm rest for the passenger seat that's in my truck? I'm still looking for an EGT gauge and wiring so if you come across one in the wrecking yard let me know and I'll pay you/trade for it. You have better access to wrecking yards than I do over here.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live by the motto - "Buy 'em cheap, fix them up. It's more fun than payments."

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And 10 years sitting is nothing. You may have a few leaks, but some new hoses, gaskets and wires will get it going. Of course, with some thorough flushing and changing of fluids...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Congrats on the find. It's not uncommon for folks in that region to park the things if they arent 100% and get a new one. You do not want to get stranded out there in the middle of nowhere if you are not mechanically inclined, and everywhere around there is the middle of nowhere

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But to be nice about it, you suck.

Usually anything parked and left in WI is usually rusted out beyond compare because the state likes to lure deer to the road with all the damn salt it throws down. You'd think having all these shores and sandy beaches we could have sand and an actual source of traction.

But you suck. To reiterate a previously stated point, it would be nice to find just a bed for my truck for anywhere NEAR that price. Much less all the other goodies you got with it. I paid that price for my truck, and if you look in the sig the only straight piece that isn't rusted holds up the headliner.

I think you got a great deal.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About the rat nests... Don't use the heater before you clean it out.....Rat *** and burning nests smells really bad when it burns... So I'm told....

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
She plans on cleaning it all up and checking the intake too before the truck is even attempted to start. The inside doesn't look as bad, but I think I better check the heater core area as well just to be on the safe side of things. The smell of rat/mice **** would be nasty and hard to get out. :puke:

Last edited:

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
About the rat nests... Don't use the heater before you clean it out.....Rat *** and burning nests smells really bad when it burns... So I'm told....

that's what I've been told as well.....but the worst smell so far has got to be either burnt electrical or burnt ATF

BTW congrats on the new find!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the Punk have the camper. Then he can travel farther to do repairs since he'll already have a place to stay

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Devilish i like the way you think, my fiace may try to beat you about the head and neck for the idea but hey.

Punk

Well, if I don't get rid of it somehow (hopefully you are really interested in it) I'm gonna get beat from the head down. I already have my CC, the Explorer, and a 23' travel trailer in my driveway, plus my tandem axle car trailer parked on the road. There's NO WAY I can have a camper here too.

Anyone know where there is about 10 acres for sale that I can keep all my toys and projects? :rotflmao:DLOL

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the standard tire size on the 84 Ford F250's?

I believe the stock size on my 86 is 235/85-r16, they seem to be pretty close trucks looking from the outside. Plus if I am off by one size larger, you can still get heavy load ranges and lower rpms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent