bumper replacement

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rear ended back in September and my bumper was damaged, so after a couple months of looking for a bumper I found a fey deep drop bumper with built in lights that I liked and haven't had time to install it, I was wondering do most bumpers use the same brackets or do I need to track down a bracket set for this uncommon bumper.

I guess attachments won't upload via mobile device so here is a link to a bumper like mine but with out lights. (it's the picture near the bottom of page on the link

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=518685

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have the same one on mine. I will post some pics tomorrow of how the po mounted it if that will help you.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
IIRC, if it's luverne like the one in the lasr pic via your link, they have their own brackets to adapt to ford truck frames.

I've been looking into getting a Luverne to replace the mangled drop bumper on the Enterprise right now. Wish I could find the same that's already there, but luvernes are close.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I don't know how these are going to come out. First time trying tapatalk app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Trying again. The center section of the bumper is about an inch less in width than the truck frame . So as you can see in last pic the plates have a bend in them. You could use flat plates and shim them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: