Building a high output idi

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injector location on the 6.9 heads is a bit more power friendly, they raised the injectors out of the heads I think .060 on the 7.3 for emissions purposes.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
well, sorry guys.. transmission is going out in my truck, and i figure itd be about 1 grand to replace. i can put that towards throwing a cummins in this thing and i'd have the 5 speed with the cummins... hope someone builds a high-output similar to this, would love to see it. but im in college / working right now and while i have money to play with, i dont have money to throw away. a couple hundred bucks (fuel plate / injectors) would get me my ~400 hp goal with a cummins and there would be lots of room to build it bigger, whereas the idi would be just about at its limit. sorry for wastin yalls time. least we got some ideas thrown around on here though, hopefully they'll help someone else build a similar idi.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It's all good.

Though it makes me wonder why college kids blow through money. If you have it, save it. My truck hasn't gotten anything in a while but my college is payed for through at least next year the way my savings are holding out.

I guess that is just me though.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck I'm not even in collage (yet???- maybe eventually) and I'm sitting on my cash.

Although I don't have the time for projects anymore so I guess I could blame that instead LOL

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
well, i work full time and i essentially get paid to go to college (pell grant covers ~3 grand more than a year than this community college costs). Going back on campus at SEMO next fall so that'll be more expensive(though i'll get more grants there as well) and ill be saving money then. i went to mizzou for a year and recieved 12 grand in free money for the year.. other 10 i covered. really wish i spent less time at the fraternity and got more face time with my textbooks.. oh well.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
well, i work full time and i essentially get paid to go to college (pell grant covers ~3 grand more than a year than this community college costs). Going back on campus at SEMO next fall so that'll be more expensive(though i'll get more grants there as well) and ill be saving money then. i went to mizzou for a year and recieved 12 grand in free money for the year.. other 10 i covered. really wish i spent less time at the fraternity and got more face time with my textbooks.. oh well.

That's good, as long as yastay on top of things. Wish I could have qualified for the pell grant. I just see a lot of kids waste a ton of money on things, only to get school loans which are going to suck for them when they get out into the workforce.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yup, my fiance had to get student loans because she was denied for Pell grants.....but then I've seen people who get the grants over and over because they slacked off and didn't complete the courses the first 2 or 3 times...***? Such is this crappy situation we call life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online