Bronco Diesel Swap

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
holy mother of christ......
FL DOT's must be blind, deaf and dumb to let you get away with putting a f350 on a tow dolly.
I gotta give you credit though.....you trully do live the motto "the impossible only takes a little longer";Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

haha, Hell no! that wasnt me who towed that 350. Im just buyin the axle from the guy and told him Id spread the word about the rest of the parts for sale on the truck.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
did you post up your build thread on FSB as well?

it seems like i've read this build elsewhere... maybe it was SWS or Clyde?

Yup I originally posted up on FSB during the build. I just figured Id post on here cause im gonna be detailing the dana 60 swap on here as well as FSB and just wanted to get my fellow oil burners up to date

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
I left the hole empty on my setup. Im not going to do any sled pulling with it and I think that the jerking that my come from wheelin will be on the other side...hence the "reverse" coment.

I would rock it...after I cut off the stacks though.

SWS

Yea that makes sense, I only did it because when doing my preliminary research leading up to the swap it was strongly suggested to me that it be done. only took a whopping 30 or so mins to do so im not losin no sleep over it.

We'll see what you think when I get the dually fenders mounted on her and get them stacks tucked away a little bit.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
(FC MODE/ON) You from the South, aintcha boy? A dually diesel Bronco with stacks... Sheeit, I reckon I done seen everything now. Better gitcha suma them tall tar's if ya wanna go play in the pluff mud with them other yayhoo's, cause ye gonna gitcher ass stuck good wit them lil'lole bitty thangs... (Fla. ******* MODE/OFF)
Amazing build Tom, we out of the box thinkers take a lot of heat sometimes. Not being a stacks man myself (personal preference) I think I wiould have dug around and tried to find a set of those old Hush-Thrush running board pipes. I haven't seen any since the late 70's but I still think they're cool.
On a different note, Are you going to come to the mini-meet in New Port Richey on the 24th. and show that beast off?

Yes sir I will be there, hopefully with the dana 60 swap completed. Iv been wantin to meet some of yall and itd be nice to get her timed up.

Speakin of "tar's" them lil old thangs are 35" front and +/-36" in the back. Been wanting to get a set of 38-13-16 Super swampers tho.

I like them side pipes too, last set I seen on a truck was in the movie Beer for My Horses, that truck Rodney Carrington drove was damn nice, woulda been perfect sept for the gas motor.

Yea I know what you mean bout takin heat. Dont bother me in the least tho, they can label it redneck or whatever they like, fact is, I built my truck for me the way I like it. Most people love it or laugh at it, I get alotta confused looks, alotta thumbs up, and everything in between, havnt had anyone brave enough to talk **** about it to my face tho haha, I guess they figure from the look of the truck and the 310lbs im carryin, I aint someone to be F'd with.;Really and their right.
You must be registered for see images attach

That bein said, There are things that I'v done to the truck that I dont completely like... yet. Like the dualls, I agree that they dont look good stickin out on the truck the way it is, but that'll change when I get the dually fender flares mounted and get them tucked away the way I want. This truck is a work in progress, If I had unlimited money and time to build the truck exactly the way I want it right now, all the naysayers would be singin a different tune. But untill then I acknowlege the good comments and dont give two ***** about the bad, Unless their being disrespectful then im liable to respond with an ass-whoopin.

Last edited:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Thats a nice write up there. Thats also the baddest diesel bronco I've ever seen.

Thanks bud!:cheers: I wish I had better detailed step by step photos, but its hard with nothin but my camara phone and limited time workin on the truck to begin with, a few pics of the major turning points was all I could manage.

Iv seen some other diesel broncos I really liked, but none Id rather have than mine.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW side pipes equal lake pipes.

you should look at 3rd gen ram mega cab dually fenders.

They'd be perfect. If'n my was only gonna see pavement, hell i might anyway, but they would be perfect for my groundhawgs.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Well for those who think im a redneck I guess Id go ahead and hammer that home for em. LOL

Check out my other projects:
"THE SWAMP RAT"

Videos of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZc9iguVOWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxXGUQ4S_0

The VW tractor trike:

My 59 GMC dually:

My 54 Chevy 3100

My 79 Z28 show car:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

like that.

Actually I never did like those. I already got a set of Flares from a 86 dually ford truck that are gonna go on, Just gotta find some time to do the fiber glass work to tuck the stacks into them like I want.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
You need to put the "DIESEL" badge under the drivers side headlight. Other than that it looks real good.