Broken Vacuum Piece

shakenbake254

Reaction score
So I was replacing my throttle cable today that snapped on me yesterday night leaving me to idle all the way home:mad: and I accidentally put my hand down and broke off this piece. I just zip tied it on for now until I can get a replacement.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway I know it has to do with vacuum going to the transmission but I don't know what it is called. Any help would be appreciated.

shakenbake254

Reaction score
It does push back on but I can hear it leaking and the trucks shifting weird now. It looks like the piece that pushes into the second hole broke off and is stuck in there.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not broken should push back on.

Yeah it is. See the broken off nipple inside the hose in that one picture.

That is the vacuum regulator valve. Vrv for short. Mimics the vacuum manifold pressure in a teaser so the transmission will know how hard you are on the throttle. Very I,portent piece, and no longer in production as far as I know. A quick search revealed none to me. There was one that fit a GM 6.5 listed on eBay, and I have heard they work the same, but I have no first hand experience.

It was about 90 dollars too.

shakenbake254

Reaction score
Looks like I'll add it to the list of parts I need from the junk yard if I can't find one. Theres not really any 6.9s around here but there is a 7.3 IDI would that have one?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Yeah it is. See the broken off nipple inside the hose in that one picture.

That is the vacuum regulator valve. Vrv for short. Mimics the vacuum manifold pressure in a teaser so the transmission will know how hard you are on the throttle. Very I,portent piece, and no longer in production as far as I know. A quick search revealed none to me. There was one that fit a GM 6.5 listed on eBay, and I have heard they work the same, but I have no first hand experience.

It was about 90 dollars too.
Just saw the pic. Like said that's your Vrv there was a member that had a couple sets. Think it was Icanfixall might try sending him a Pm.

shakenbake254

Reaction score
I sent Icanfixall a pm. I'll be on the look out for people parting out and in the pick-n-pulls around here. Thanks for the help guys.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like need turn a screw knto broken piece carefully turning and pulling out and see if you can epoxy it back in place.