broken glow plug tip

C

cash

I know I read some really good information on here about reteriving glow plug tip but I cant seem to find it Help please.

C

cash

How big of a piece of the glow plug tip is missing?

I would say 1/3 is missing
And I am wondering if it melted because I left them on to long. There are 10v 70w plugs. It just came out without any drag, the end was black,(not like a fresh brake) and not brittle. None of the other plugs were working or swollen. I don't have enough experience with this to say what happened.
I was lucky enough to have that piston tdc so I tried to blow it out with compressed air. Never seen anything come out. I think it already stuck wherever it will be forever.
Any advice for such like future events would be helpful
Thanks Phil

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
it's either rattling around in your cylinder still or it has been shot out into somewhere into your exhaust and hopefully out the pipe with no damage. It may have damaged you exhaust valve or seat on the way out though. you could try pulling the injector and try shining a light down the gp hole and look through the injector whole to see if it is still in the cylinder. And or do a compression test and make sure that now damge was done to your exhaust valve or seat. if your truck is turboed and you do not find the tip in your cylinder i would check the turbo fins on the exhaust side for damage.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
if you have a muffler on your truck with offset inlet and outlet and you can shake it as weird as it sounds you may hear the tip rattling around in it (I have found gp tips in mufflers before)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online