Bricknose or slantnose

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont go into a bunch of detail yet but would like to know in general which front end most prefer, brick nose or slant nose?
I couldnt find anything on here to let me do a poll.

pissonjapscrap

Reaction score
by that you mean pre 1991 and post 1991? never heard them called that before, maybe because im a chev guy thats getting into fords haha

pissonjapscrap

Reaction score
alright, i must say i prefer the look of the pre 87 trucks and after looking at a few pictueres of them the body lines look the same up to the mid 90s will the front clip bolt on a newer truck? other then the fender flares being different

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I like em all. Remember they are Fords and international shakes em no matter what. Someone and this saying on their avatar... Ford makes it and international shakes it.....;Sweet:thumbsup::hailLOL

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, i must say i prefer the look of the pre 87 trucks and after looking at a few pictueres of them the body lines look the same up to the mid 90s will the front clip bolt on a newer truck? other then the fender flares being different

The pre 87 front clip will fit the 87-91 truck. Looks more an more like I'm gonna have to keep my 89 after all. It's going in to get windows tinted dark tomorrow, then its going into the paint shop next. I might just do a front clip swap first before the paint though.
I'm noticing that the trim around the fender well on my 86 is higher than the trim on my bricknose, so I may have to swap beds also.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Personally I like the looks of a brick nose better but I like the headlight upgrade options of a slant nose better so...

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Slant nose!! I have all 3 body styles and the slant till turns me on the most

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question isn't it? I mean... really. Isn't the most important thing which one YOU like better? This reminds me of the question "Does this dress make me look fat". There is no correct answer! If you say yes, then your dead. If you say no, then your lying. The question wouldn't be asked if the person asking it didn't already have an opinion. ;)

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slant nose looks better imo. But, like Mel says, who cares what other people think! It'd be aweful bland if everybody liked the same body style!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Kinda funny acking others what they like but in the same vane. Why not know. Surely Kenny will drive what he likes no matter what others like. I still like em all. For me the best looking Ford truck.. 1957 all the way...;Sweet:thumbsup:-Drool I had a 1956 and just loved it in high school many years ago...:angel: It sure had a big front seat that was nice to lay down on anyplace it got parked. Because it was a truck I had to park in the back rows at the local drivein theaters. Now that was a thankyou rule I always obeyed...:angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online