Brakes gone

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to make a couple of trips this WE to bring home the horse trailer and then the 5er. On the way home the brakes started to fade out as in to the floor. They would pump up and then go down. I replaced the MC recently and rear brakes and all has been well.

I went out today after i unhooked the 5er and checked the fluid. I saw that it was down. I crawled under the truck but didn't see any wet spots or streaks as i thought i would. I first thought it was a height valve as they can do stupid stuff.

I have to dump fluid in and start pumping the pedal to see where it is going. I have heard of the MC leaking and then having it sucked into the brake booster.:mad:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually any brake fluid leaking out the back of the mc will be going out the week hole made into the bottom of the mc at the vacuum booster. You should "see" a trail on the booster.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just replaced the Master Cylinder, that would be my vote. Did you get it from Ford? ;Really

LOL

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i bought it from my local parts atore of which I have a long reputation with them from the commercial side. If it stops raining I will ge out there and look. The last time it happened I was pulling a large trailer as well. That is why I thought it might have something to do with the height valve or AL.

The funny thing is when I had to get a 2nd MC when I replaced it as the 1st wouldn't bleed out. I have to go away this week until Monday and I have to have it repaired by the following WE to get to a rodeo. Do I really need brakes to go to Grantville??????