bought a powerstroke yesterday

zpd307

Reaction score
found a pretty good deal on a early 99 4x4 lariat crewcab dually. this one has no rust....... unlike my 90. i just wish the guy would have taken better care of the interior. but then again, i wouldnt have gotten it that cheap if he hadnt....200k on her. bought it down in st louis. we didnt get back until 0130 this morning and i also had to work this morning at 0800, so i will get some picks later. by the way, i will be selling the 90 if anyone is interested. i am going to take some pics of that also at the same time. lottsssss of new parts.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! You'll love it.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've added a Stroker to my fleet again, but there's no way I'm selling my IDI... LOL I've had a PSD before... The IDI is more reliable than my Cummins(well, getrag... LOL) or my previous PSD... LOL

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learned something the hard way on my son's 99 PSD/Automatic that you may know already but just in case. Apparently in 99 Ford decided to install a pressure check valve on the trans cooler to help it warm up in the mornings. The valve bypasses the cooler when the oil is cold (higher pressure). As the oil warms the pressure decreases and the valve opens to run through the cooler. Sounds simple enough except when chipped. Most chips increase line pressure to improve shifting however, few will tell you that you need to remove the check valve or you are guaranteed to need a trans rebuild in short order.

Of course this is assuming you have an auto.

Enjoy the new ride,
Bob

zpd307

Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah....... i figured i would get some flak. but, i have never truely got over my love of the old 03. granted, the stock 99 is no comparison to the 6.0, but it does feel stronger than the 90 even with the turbo. and i really do like the super duty better than the obs. i am now remembering how much better the brakes are on these things. it is sooooo nice not having a rusty truck again. and with my part time job now, i will have the little loan i had to take out, covered in a couple of months. and then i will throw some goodies at it.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah....... i figured i would get some flak. but, i have never truely got over my love of the old 03. granted, the stock 99 is no comparison to the 6.0, but it does feel stronger than the 90 even with the turbo. and i really do like the super duty better than the obs. i am now remembering how much better the brakes are on these things. it is sooooo nice not having a rusty truck again. and with my part time job now, covered in a couple of months. i will have to take out a loan, and then i will throw some goodies at it.
There I fixed it for ya........;Really

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! Yes they are more spendy...but to me it's worth it :)

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Welcome back to the dark side....

Even though I still (For now) have two IDI's, I still get a lot of flak about the PSD...