Blower motor question

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm tying to figure out how to get my blower motor to go faster. On max a/c it's perfect. But on heat or anything it's really slow. Is there any tricks to do this? Another question does anyone make anything that covers the grill on a 1990 f250? My truck doesn't like to warm up when it's 30 degrees outside.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. You may have a stuck fan clutch.
Yes, search "winter front."
2. Search "Blower motor resistor."
Also pull the fan and clean everything out real well. May have a rats nest.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'll check it out and let you know why I come up with.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I went and took the blower motor out it was clean in there. Everything seems good. But the blower motor has the date of 03/07/1990 on it. Maybe it's getting tired?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe.
I think people were trying the blower from town cars or the crown vic. Supposed to move more air. But some saw no difference.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe.
I think people were trying the blower from town cars or the crown vic. Supposed to move more air. But some saw no difference.

Any other things I could try checking? Could the doors be acting up in some way?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One question, do you have another truck of the same era for comparison? Like brick to brick or OBS to OBS. Reason I ask, it may be close to normal. Many have complained about the airflow on these trucks, even my OBS seems a bit weak for the amount of wind noise the blower makes. I think the design of the ducts may beat play. Our 83 F-150 seemed to have a stronger flow from the vents than the 92 F-250 we have now does. However, we had the 83 from 86-92 so age may play a factor.

I do know Ford made changes to the ducting, even during the run of a body style. I had a 2000 P71 Crown Vic and a 2007 P71 Crown Vic. The 07 will part your hair with the flow from the vents, but the 00 just made a lot of noise and not much flow. It wasn't the motor or fan wheel. The blower quit working in the 00, so I pulled the blower out of the 07 for testing, since they are under the hood and take maybe 2 minutes to swap. It was a failed blower motor, but the airflow was still less than the 07 with this exact same blower installed. I also checked for obstructions and door operation and everything was, as it should be. Something was changed over the run of the Vic's in the ducting......

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One question, do you have another truck of the same era for comparison? Like brick to brick or OBS to OBS. Reason I ask, it may be close to normal. Many have complained about the airflow on these trucks, even my OBS seems a bit weak for the amount of wind noise the blower makes. I think the design of the ducts may beat play. Our 83 F-150 seemed to have a stronger flow from the vents than the 92 F-250 we have now does. However, we had the 83 from 86-92 so age may play a factor.

I do know Ford made changes to the ducting, even during the run of a body style. I had a 2000 P71 Crown Vic and a 2007 P71 Crown Vic. The 07 will part your hair with the flow from the vents, but the 00 just made a lot of noise and not much flow. It wasn't the motor or fan wheel. The blower quit working in the 00, so I pulled the blower out of the 07 for testing, since they are under the hood and take maybe 2 minutes to swap. It was a failed blower motor, but the airflow was still less than the 07 with this exact same blower installed. I also checked for obstructions and door operation and everything was, as it should be. Something was changed over the run of the Vic's in the ducting......

I have a 1990 down the street from me that use to be my first 7.3 and I remember it always was blowing a little harder. The floor vents on my truck the passenger side blows way harder then on the driver side. I'll stop by and have a look st my old one and see how it works to refresh my memory.