Blocked up racor filter

Ethan Smith

Reaction score
So somehow i realized that taking two miles to get up to 55 isnt normal on my 6.9, so i finally got around to replacing the filter on the 220 racor thats plumbed ahead of the stock filter. Would you believe it on the top of the mount says 8-96, i hoped it was a milage somehow but i think the last time somebody replaced the filter was 96! It was a TWO micron as well!! Holy cow i replaced all the gaskets and spun a ten micron on, and good grief! I can actually keep up with traffic. I honestly dont knos how it was getting any fuel at all, the inside looked blacker than sin.
Just wanted to share my experience of finding some cheap horsepower one here. Sure do like this forum, lotta smart and well meaning folks on here.

You must be registered for see images attach

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened here last week. I've had the truck 4 months and didn't realize the previous owner had a 2 micron on a racor 220, same as you describe. A fresh 10 micron and the engine starts so much better from cold now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you "fixed it"... How long have you had this rig with the 96 filter on it? Some owners go by mileage when changing fuel filters and others go by months. Set up a change schedule and stick to it for best results.I'm surprised the dash filter light didn't light up.