Block cement to strengthen bottom end?

giezy

Reaction score
Just planning this out before spending money never thought of the oil cooler though. I did this to a 454 race motor and worked fine.

Not looking to build crazy hp just a tq mother for some fun dd to toot around in like a shop truck and a single turbo is still a idea but twins just look cool

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a hot rod diesel, I would not use an idi. Get a small cummins or anything with a turbo. That will make the torque you are wanting.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want a hot rod diesel, I would not use an idi. Get a small cummins or anything with a turbo. That will make the torque you are wanting.

hotrodding isn't ALL about power.
its more about doing what someone hasn't done before.
building a vehicle that YOU want.
with the parts you have,
exactly the way you want it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXU3N9wT3u0

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hotrodding isn't ALL about power.
its more about doing what someone hasn't done before.
building a vehicle that YOU want.
with the parts you have,
exactly the way you want it. ]

YES. THANK YOU! This is why everything doesn't just have a LS swapped into it... If everyone has the same setup, where's the fun and creativity in that?!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it don't have to be the nicest, flashiest thing on the planet.
just has to be built with your own 2 hands.

anyone can have a project built.
real men build them!

"some day, that door will open, the ground will start to shake a little"

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Studs for heads
Stud n girdle for mains
Camshaft
Rockers ...rollers
Pushrods
Pistons
Either decomp or non stock hg or....go with regular hg
Balance rotating and recrliprocating assembly
Sleeve and size for piston clearance??
Pistons
Coating pistons etc
Turbo
Water / ****
IC
Injectors
Big *** IP
Zero gap second rings
Screw in core plugs

Be a hella build

JM7.3CW Eh!

Im not sure if you were thinking out loud or what, but that was basically Justin andersons build.
He also had his stage 1 cam in it and shaved 94-97 powerstroke rods shaved down and balanced as an assembly. 21 pounds of bob weights to balance.
Justin blew some prototype decompression headgaskets on his bronco. He is now o-ringing them and using stock headgaskets and compression. He is planning compounds and 50+ psi. He blew his intake collector at 56 psi before the headgaskets went later on down the road. He will also be putting a stage 2 cam in it the next go around.
I would agree with what several people have said, filling the block is not necessary. I would do a bottom end girdle and studs and cam. You wont need more than that to run 15-20 psi. Heck head studs you would be fine for that.
If I were doing an engine build I would do much the same
cam, studs, girdle, ceramic coat pistons, total seal second rings, ceramic coat all exhaust piping to turbo and down pipe. I don't think I would do psd rods just because idi rods bend around the 400 hp mark. I would also want the roller rockers on just because why not. At that point you would have an engine that would hold together and could do whatever you wanted with it. then just fuel and air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online