best sorce for replacemetn e40d

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guys this board is great lots of help and it looks like you guys have alot of fun. i have a 93 n/a idi 4x4 e4od. it looks like my trans is shot and it needs to be replaced. :mad: but i cant complain its got 175k on it never been replaced before just fluid and filter changes. well i dont have lots of money and i dont trust shops around here so id like to buy a rebuilt trans and install it myself. whos got the best ones that will hold up and last. how are the ford remans it seams they have a very good warrenty? any opinions are apricited? thanks guys

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the board. Please add your location and info about your truck to your signature.:D

You will be suprised how much help you will get from here. The guys with automatics will be answering your question soon.;Sweet

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome and i will see if i can figure this signature thing out.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where is this at i cant find one for under $1600

ya what he said ^^^^^^^^^^

but anyways.if you are looking for indestructible be prepared to spend atleast 4,000.00 for one.ive got a monster box in my 95.i like it,just wish it shifted alot harder than it does.i want to hear my dually chirp the tires on shifts :D .but thats ok.ive been beating the snot out of since i installed it and havent killed it yet.but im not sure if they are still makeing them though.last i heard they stopped produceing the monster box.:dunno

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Brian's Truck Shop - they build probably the best auto's on the planet. No they aren't cheap but trust me you won't break it - he used to have a very simple warranty - any hp any tq - period. I have ridden in one behind a very highly turned up PSD and it shifted like a manual - hits hard and quick (like they should) there was not ***** footing around with getting into gear.

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a price range on the brians truck shop trans i wont get a chance to call him for a few days

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
stoney's transmission service oakford illinois $750-$950 quote on a 1992 e4od4x2 that's me doing the install work. He used to rebuilt the c6's in the other 2 idi trucks for 250-300. I assume he's still pretty good he has a brand new shop and 30 cars and trucks waiting for work. And it was a 1 day turn around all parts in stock.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful there's a difference between "rebuild (take apart and replace bad parts) and reman (restore to factory tolerances).

I was quoted a local rebuild of about $1200. I got a Ford reman for $1923 with my jobber discount.

I initially bought a "good used" for $1000 which failed after 3 weeks, I believe to to a failed bearing from a bad previous rebuild job. I decided the cost savings was not worth having my work truck down,

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I had a Ford re-man installed by Ford 3 weeks ago. $3140. installed with a 36 mo. 75,000 mi warranty in writing good anywhere in the country. Not cheap, but I wont be buying another for 3 years!

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool i think i might be able to give both places a call tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin