Best Batteries..???

RoyBoy

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
Interstate's # is MTP-65, 850 CCA
I like em so much that I am a dealer now too.
I agree if you can get 31's in there that would be the way to go ;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My vote is the g-31 from napa. with them and a new starter in my old truck it would crank just as fast at -15 as it would at 80

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running new holland skid loader batteries in the squirrel mobile. They are 950 or 1000 cca and as they are made for skid loaders they take some abuse. I think they are real close in size to a grp 31 batt. And as I work for the local new holland stealership my price is about what AZ wants for a duralast about $85.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Wow some of you guys must be pretty lucky with the napa batteries. I usually go to napa for everything since its only 3 miles away and autozone is over 15 but after the last several napa batteries only lasted about 3-4 years I been running autozones duralast golds and getting 7-8 years out of them

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I put the groue 31's to work this morning out. 1 degree above zero and Mater did NOT want to start. If I had the 65's in there, he would not have made it without a jump start.

Heath just keep in mind, the 31's are almost 2" taller so hood clearance will be an issue since you put the 92-97 clip on the black truck. Just take some measurements before had.

If ya can fit them in there they are WELL worth the few extra bucks.
I think they were only 6 dollars more than the 65's at mechanics cost.:thumbsup:

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Interstate's # is MTP-65, 850 CCA
I like em so much that I am a dealer now too.
I agree if you can get 31's in there that would be the way to go ;Sweet

I have the same batts in my truck, they are out of my stepdads PSD and a few years old but start the truck real fast everytime

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Optimas are great batteries dont get me wrong, My stepdads 57 Bel-Air with a 2400w stereo setup has two Blue tops, that will run for about 6.5 hours at a car show an still have enough juice to spin the BBC like a ***** ape. but then again at $200 a bat i would shy away from them

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
I've got to put in another vote for the Duralast Golds from AutoZone. I've got the dual post version so it's only 850 CCA's but it zings my truck over like there's no tomorrow even this morning at two degrees. I run them in every vehicle I buy.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I had my Wallyworld batteries fail me for the last time yesterday. I've taken them in for replacement 3 times in less than 2 years, my charging system is above par and there is no reason for their crappy performance. They left my truck dead and stranded more times than I can count. I'm not doing that ever again. I took them back and made them give me my money back. I had some extra DEKA batteries that have been sitting for a couple years that I put in there and she fired right off. When these go bad I'll probably go to the group 31 battery though since they are supposedly 1100CCA's.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
stay away from the wall mart crap batteries.
i have the Duralast Golds in the plow truck and they work real well even with a weak charging problem. although they are only a couple months old.

i have always had really good luck with Die Hards

i have an old Interstate in my tractor that still does the job, again with a disfunctional charging system.

i knew i shoulda kept those red-tops:sly:dunno

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know who is manufacturing Costco's batteries now, but that's what I have. 1000 cca at 32F and a 100 month warranty!! I think I paid less than $120 for the pair. Doesn't get very cold in SoCal though......

1994IDI

Reaction score
1000 amp red tops. I am very pleased, but as mentioned, not the cheap route.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I vote for the group 31's from cat. The dealership I work for has a heavy truck shop and I am good with the parts guy, "cough, cough" I have two in the truck and three more on the shelf for a "future project" and a spare. They are the best batteries I ever bought. I need to rework the battery trays so they fit a little nicer but they dropped in and have provided enough juice to crank over and fire my dying 6.9.

thats my vote

punk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I've got a NAPA about 25 miles from me, and there is a CAT dealer in Bowling Green that I can get some batteries from.

I'll see what I can come up with in the next week or so.

Thanks again guys.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online