Bedslide

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the construction field, after many years of climbing in and out of the truck bed and hitting my head on the canopy header, I got smart. I purchased a BEDSLIDE from a local van conversion supply shop.

I cary 1200lbs of tools every day and this is also their rating. I had them double up on the bearings and add a thicker decking. They now have a contractors grade BEDSLIDE.(which probably has a heavier rating than the 1200lbs)

When I need a tool all the way up by the cab, I just turn the handle to release the pins and the whole BEDSLIDE extends out behind the truck. No more head banging or crawling over tools to get to the one I need. With a heavy load I would suggest you figure out how far out you need the slide to come back and still reach everything and drill new holes for the stop pins. This will insure a longer bearing life.

I mounted mine to the bed for added strength and payload. In their instructions they say this is not necessary except if you cary heavy loads. Their method of not securing the BEDSLIDE down is two inch long nipples at the cab end of the slide that you drill holes through your bed and insert the nipples.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who uses their bed for tools and such everyday. I now would never be without one.

Attachments

• bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 59

Whit

Reaction score
I can vouch for what Nailbender says, these units are tough and make it very easy and quick to access tools and such, we have a 1 ton truck in the fire dept here that we run our extrication equipment on, and yes we have it over loaded but it still does a great job for us :thanks:

Cheers, Kevin

BigStroker

Koolege Stoodent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
I can vouch for what Nailbender says, these units are tough and make it very easy and quick to access tools and such, we have a 1 ton truck in the fire dept here that we run our extrication equipment on, and yes we have it over loaded but it still does a great job for us :thanks:

Cheers, Kevin
As whitmore said they use them alot in the FDs around here:D

B

Big K

After some of the fine details got worked out, it seems that this has been a good thing for Joe. I'd like to do one myself, if I can ever get around to it.:rolleyes:

NB, your suggestion for drilling new stop holes, we did that on yours, didn't we? Figured out where you could reach all of the stuff you needed to, and the compressor connections, right?

Initially, NB got a bad batch of bearings from the mfr, if I remember correctly, but a new set were sent, and no problems since.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, Joe. How long has it been in now?

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big K
After some of the fine details got worked out, it seems that this has been a good thing for Joe. I'd like to do one myself, if I can ever get around to it.:rolleyes:

NB, your suggestion for drilling new stop holes, we did that on yours, didn't we? Figured out where you could reach all of the stuff you needed to, and the compressor connections, right?

Initially, NB got a bad batch of bearings from the mfr, if I remember correctly, but a new set were sent, and no problems since.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, Joe. How long has it been in now?

Yes we did drill new stop holes.
They did send a few bad bearings, but, they immediately sent me 8 more for replacements.