Bean's stuff on the way!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Just ordered Stage 1 Single shots & A 6 position chip. Truck ran so bad last nite on the way home from the yard where I keep the carhauler even after letting it warm up for 15 minutes. It seemed liked it was taking longer to get the 2 bad injectors to come to life lately, so I figured I better get them out before they quit completely. Gonna do glow plugs at the same time while the covers are off. Anything I need to have on hand for this install or need to know prior to starting?

This will be the most expensive mod I do so it's all downhill from here. I plan to add the return kit, homemade intake,& exhaust. I wanna diconnect the wastegate too. Chriss @ Beans said I would be ok for the time being without intake & exhaust & the injectors & chip would put about 350hp to the wheels. Does that sound right?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'd have an extra under valve cover harness on hand. Odds are one of the two will need replaced. I'll be doing the same upgrades as soon as funds allow. Lets us know how it runs.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Definatly spring the few extra $ for the UVC harness and VC.....being intercooled just adds more PITA factor if you need to go back in -cuss ;Sweet

I looked in the part number list in the tech section here & everything says 94-97. Are those parts the same thru 2003? Ball park price on said parts?

Also, is it better to vacuum/suck the oil out of the cylinders once I pull the injectors or will just turning the motor over by hand get enough of the drained oil out?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, is it better to vacuum/suck the oil out of the cylinders once I pull the injectors or will just turning the motor over by hand get enough of the drained oil out?

I pulled the IDM fuse and just cranked it over with no GP's in the hole.... that evacuated alla the oil in a hurry.:rotflmao

IIRC you have the 4R100? If so, consider doing some tranny mods. :D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Scott....YUP! ;Sweet whut he said :D
95_stroker said:
pulled the IDM fuse and just cranked it over with no GP's in the hole.... that evacuated alla the oil in a hurry.

OR....just leave the key out of the picture all together and use a jumper wire between the large post--batt + and the key signal wire small post on the fender mount starter relay ;Sweet

I would lay rags over the holes tho......;Really :eek: LOL

BTW....the valve covers are diff for the stooper doopys.....they only use 1 large plug directly in center as opposed to the early PSD's using 2 per side.

Price is pretty close either way.

Tranny service is highly recommended...even as far as looking into a converter lock mod so it stays locked when you back off the loud pedal....saves converter cycling that can waste the front pump :eek:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott....YUP! ;Sweet whut he said :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_stroker
pulled the IDM fuse and just cranked it over with no GP's in the hole.... that evacuated alla the oil in a hurry.

OR....just leave the key out of the picture all together and use a jumper wire between the large post--batt + and the key signal wire small post on the fender mount starter relay ;Sweet

I would lay rags over the holes tho......;Really :eek: LOL

That's gonna leave a mess.....Can I watch:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao ......Oh wait might not be so funny if I have to do it very soon.-cuss

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I pulled the IDM fuse and just cranked it over with no GP's in the hole.... that evacuated alla the oil in a hurry.:rotflmao

IIRC you have the 4R100? If so, consider doing some tranny mods. :D

That's what I have, 4r100. I know you mentioned a specific tranny mod before. What was it again? Just talked to the wifey and no package yet. Hopefully the stuff will be there when I get home. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. That would be awesome if I could get this done without freezing my **** off.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretzels instead of chips! Long live pretzels! LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I have, 4r100. I know you mentioned a specific tranny mod before. What was it again? Just talked to the wifey and no package yet. Hopefully the stuff will be there when I get home. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. That would be awesome if I could get this done without freezing my **** off.

For the 4R100 I would recommend the Sonnax kit, its simple, cheap and easy. If not the Sonnax then I would go with either a Trans-go kit for the valve body or a FTVB. The FTVB is a little more expensive but its so easy a cave man could do it. Unbolt the stock valve body and bolt in the FTVB. The transgo kit is good, but its a little more invovled especially if you do the pump mod. I have the Transgo Tugger which involved the pump mod, but I also put in an upgraded TC so I had to drop the tranny anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online