Bean's stuff on the way!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
For the 4R100 I would recommend the Sonnax kit, its simple, cheap and easy. If not the Sonnax then I would go with either a Trans-go kit for the valve body or a FTVB. The FTVB is a little more expensive but its so easy a cave man could do it. Unbolt the stock valve body and bolt in the FTVB. The transgo kit is good, but its a little more invovled especially if you do the pump mod. I have the Transgo Tugger which involved the pump mod, but I also put in an upgraded TC so I had to drop the tranny anyway.

Can you get me up to speed a little (as if you haven't done that since a moved up here). Whats the difference between the Sonnax & the Transgo/FTVB. What is FTVB, I'm assuming the VB is Valve Body. Where can I read about this stuff? Transgo is Banks, isn't it? What do these types of upgrades do that my chip doesn't do?

I hate to keep firing tons of questions in every post but *** man, there's a ton of chit to learn about here:eek:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you get me up to speed a little (as if you haven't done that since a moved up here). Whats the difference between the Sonnax & the Transgo/FTVB. What is FTVB, I'm assuming the VB is Valve Body. Where can I read about this stuff? Transgo is Banks, isn't it? What do these types of upgrades do that my chip doesn't do?

The sonnax is a set of springs that will beef up the shift sloppyness. The springs go in behind the vavles. You pull off the vavle body and do the work. The transgo is a set of springs and there is also a few check balls that you install (or remove) in the plate above the valve bodies, its a little more invovled. The FTVB (Factory Tech Vavle Body) is made by Greg Evans, I believe he was a Ford factory tech once upon a time, hence FTVB, he is also the man behind the MonsterBox Tranny. His FTVB is a package unit that is already beefed up with a shift kit. You simply pull your Ford VB off and bolt his FTVB on. Transgo is transgo, I think you are thinking of Transcommand as being a Banks product.;Sweet

These upgrades are physical bolt in parts, your chip can raise line pressure slightly in the tranny and can change the shift points also, but wont physically strengthen your tranny.

I hate to keep firing tons of questions in every post but *** man, there's a ton of chit to learn about here:eek:

Thats what we are here for.....;Sweet Think of us as IDI but newer and not quite so crusty.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sonnax is a set of springs that will beef up the shift sloppyness. The springs go in behind the vavles thats once . You pull off the vavle thats twice body and do the work. The transgo is a set of springs and there is also a few check balls that you install (or remove) in the plate above the valve got that one right! bodies, its a little more invovled. The FTVB (Factory Tech Vavle thats thrice Body) is made by Greg Evans, I believe he was a Ford factory tech once upon a time, hence FTVB, he is also the man behind the MonsterBox Tranny. His FTVB is a package unit that is already beefed up with a shift kit. You simply pull your Ford VB off and bolt his FTVB on. Transgo is transgo, I think you are thinking of Transcommand as being a Banks product.;Sweet

These upgrades are physical bolt in parts, your chip can raise line pressure slightly in the tranny and can change the shift points also, but wont physically strengthen your tranny.

Thats what we are here for.....;Sweet Think of us as IDI but newer and not quite so crusty.
You'd think by now I wouldnt spell valve wrong three times inna row!!!!!!

:rotflmao

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You ain't the only one learning after crawling out of the basement....At least you're in kindergarten, I'm still in preschool and only opened the basement door and you can bet I'll be firing away very soon. I'm learning alot here. Fire away, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
You'd think by now I wouldnt spell valve wrong three times inna row!!!!!!

:rotflmao

Mr. Miagee say "young grasshopper no make fun of wise teacher". I got too many more question to go pointing out mistakes just yet LOL. That FTVB is pricey. Plus, I don't want to be laying rubber in every shift!! I'll take the Sonnax for $45.00.

Tonka, I'll pave the way with stupid/simple questions. I ain't skeerd.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Even better. Does the kit include the line pressure modulator sleeve & valve kit along with the springs? I was looking at PURE diesels website & it says Sonnax now offers those items but doesn't have a separate listing. Also doesn't say if it's part of the upgrade kit. I'm assuming it's part of the package.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Don't stop asking the question, I'm learn' here too. Keep 'em coming.;Sweet :thumbsup:

"Pretzels?" dry, tasteless, goofy shaped, tidbits:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online