Bean's stuff on the way!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I think it would be the yellow circle. If you stand at the drivers front 1/4 panel & looked in at a stock pump, you have the 2 swivel lines on the side, side by side & just below that on sort of the bottom of the pump is another fitting. Thats the one that's leaking on mine. Like I said, Yellow circle?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I though you had read that in the other thread.

I'm sure I probably did but I have short term memory and concentration problems.

BTW, I know you want things nice and right.......If you didn't care you wouldn't be driving a "PETE" parking lot;Sweet

NOW.....Putting that away, GIT R DUN so you can come down and patch mine up when you're done practicing:D ...............................would it help if I begged:hail :backoff

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
NOW.....Putting that away, GIT R DUN so you can come down and patch mine up when you're done practicing:D ...............................would it help if I begged:hail :backoff

I'm down there enough, it could happen if need be. I got a swap to do into Fayetteville next week.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would be the yellow circle. If you stand at the drivers front 1/4 panel & looked in at a stock pump, you have the 2 swivel lines on the side, side by side & just below that on sort of the bottom of the pump is another fitting. Thats the one that's leaking on mine. Like I said, Yellow circle?

by your description it sounds like it would be the red circle.that picture was from the rear of the pump.here is a picture of the drivers side of the pump.

Attachments

• truck 030.jpg
    truck 030.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 8

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down there enough, it could happen if need be. I got a swap to do into Fayetteville next week.

If you have some time when you get down here give me a shout, I can pick you up or meet you and go do coffee or lunch:cheers: . Of course if you happen to be stuck sitting there and can't leave let me know and I'll bring you lunch, I've been in that situation and it bites to say the least.

There's only 2 things I absolutly have to do during the day and that's drop my daughter off at school at 8:00 and pick her up at 2:45. rest of the day is fair game.

Mama's retiring on the 21st;Sweet so I'm prolly gonna leave to pick up the SD on the 22nd, can't wait:peelout

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
by your description it sounds like it would be the red circle.that picture was from the rear of the pump.here is a picture of the drivers side of the pump.

That doesn't look right. I'll have to get a picture of it but I don't know how to draw the cool circles:D . Stand by.......

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
This is where its leaking, in the red circle. I guess that's your green circle above, right? The motor was steamed when it went to Ford the first time. You can see where there is still some grime on the front of the lower pump. See below:

Attachments

• HPOP1.jpg
    HPOP1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it looks more like your HPOP gasket or reservoir gasket is leaking.also have you checked under the turbo?there are 4 Orings in the pedistal that like to leak.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
it looks more like your HPOP gasket or reservoir gasket is leaking.also have you checked under the turbo?there are 4 Orings in the pedistal that like to leak.

Is it safe to assume a gasket would be an easier & cheaper problem to fix? And, no I haven't looked at the turbo area yet but I will have the valve covers & IC tubes off today to do the injectors, so I'll look around while its opened up. Are these parts available as needed or do I have to buy complete kits with stuff I don't need?

Thanks for all your input/guidance/patience by the way.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can buy it all seperately.you will need to remove the HPOP to change the gasket.its not that hard to do.the turbo pedistal Oringsare a serious PITA.the turbo can be a ***** to remove and while it is off you might aswell replace the uppipe donut gaskets.

no problem on the help.thats why i am here ;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Holy **** they're big. Had no idea. My wife was sitting at the table when I cracked the box & asked if batteries came with her new present:D Sometimes she acts slutty, but damn it she never follows thru!!!

Scott

Thought I'd pop in up here and see what you former basement dweller fellers have been working on. I see you got your wife involved with this one.:rotflmao

"Oh, found a leak at the non-serviceable fitting on the HPOP too. Fun, fun, fun. I miss my IDI ." Pretty big learning curve huh?

Still haven't seen pictures of your new ride. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Tom

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I haven't taken any pictures to speak of. Here's one of the sales pictures, but it looks a little different now. Stock PSD 5 spoke wheels & 305's. I'll get some pictures when it's washed up.