Be careful.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I did the same thing with a grinder last week only I had safely glass on cookoo I had to go to the ER to have it takin out. needless to say I use goggles now.

Normally I wear safety goggles, but for some dumb reason I thought this will only take a second, I'll be ok.

Two years ago I got hit in the eye with a diamond plate bedliner. I thought my eye had been ripped from my skull, it hit me hard enough to knock me down flat. Somehow I got lucky as hell and it managed to cut the inside of my lower eyelid. When you cant see with one eye and the other eye sees a handful of blood, you get a little freaked. :eek:

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Normally I wear safety goggles, but for some dumb reason I thought this will only take a second, I'll be ok.

Two years ago I got hit in the eye with a diamond plate bedliner. I thought my eye had been ripped from my skull, it hit me hard enough to knock me down flat. Somehow I got lucky as hell and it managed to cut the inside of my lower eyelid. When you cant see with one eye and the other eye sees a handful of blood, you get a little freaked. :eek:

Holy **** that scary:eek:

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
While waiting on some painted engine parts to dry at my grandfather's ranch, me and a friend decided to throw my competition Frisbees and see if we could outrun them.... As I ran after mine, I jumped high off a stump over a big boulder.. Caught some big air but didn't see the concrete deer with ANTLERS on the other side.. cookoo The horn went all the way through my right hip, nicked up my femur.. Lost a pint of blood, wasn't allowed to walk for three weeks. The scars line up perfect like I've been shot lol :rotflmao

Last edited:

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
tried to open a piece of angle iron a little with a BFH and no vise one time, got a scar on my knuckle from where it broke the bone when it jumped.... had a bare bulb in a trouble light, crawling out from under the car shirt rode up, big circle burn from the light on my back where it touched..... trimming a fender with a grinder in shorts ran it across my thigh... and the best one... did some roofing one day with an air nailer, nailed my foot to the roof through the air hose (foot on top of hose, nail through my foot and air hose)......

my fair share of idiot moments

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I was helping a elderly friend with a tire for his car. I pulled up to the front of his property with my chev truck which was loaded with tires n stuff in the bed. He lives in a suburb of Reno called Sun Valley aka **** valley, spun valley you get the drift. Anyways the sherriffs patrol the area and use it as training grounds for their new officers. That means they treat everybody like crap and give out bogus tickets to some.
So I was in the process of jacking up my friend's car with a handyman jack when this sherriff stops by my truck and starts looking my truck over real closely. I mean he got out of his car and practically had his head in my pickup bed. So he then runs the plate while he was there looking at me and I was looking at him when I lost grip of the jack handle and it flew up and hit me against the cheek bone and temple spinning me around and onto the ground. I was very lucky because my head was positioned at about the end of it's travel or I would've been dead. The worst part of it all was that damned sherriff saw it all and was laughing as he got in his car and drove away.

gandalf

Reaction score
It's a wonder any of us are alive. This place might get awfully lonely if our luck turns bad.cookoo

I was working on our roof during a major remodeling/reconstruction. I had the sheathing nailed, so there was a nice solid surface, slope about 4/12. I had covered it overnight with a blue tarp, so the first job of the day was to remove a portion of the tarp. I pulled the nails tacking it down, must have been thinking about something else, and proceeded to walk across the tarp. :eek: Of course there was nothing holding it, so both the tarp and I started sliding. I went over the edge, and damned near landed on my wife.:oops::idiot: Lucky thing I didn't kill the both of us.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
About a year ago I was helping a elderly friend with a tire for his car. I pulled up to the front of his property with my chev truck which was loaded with tires n stuff in the bed. He lives in a suburb of Reno called Sun Valley aka **** valley, spun valley you get the drift. Anyways the sherriffs patrol the area and use it as training grounds for their new officers. That means they treat everybody like crap and give out bogus tickets to some.
So I was in the process of jacking up my friend's car with a handyman jack when this sherriff stops by my truck and starts looking my truck over real closely. I mean he got out of his car and practically had his head in my pickup bed. So he then runs the plate while he was there looking at me and I was looking at him when I lost grip of the jack handle and it flew up and hit me against the cheek bone and temple spinning me around and onto the ground. I was very lucky because my head was positioned at about the end of it's travel or I would've been dead. The worst part of it all was that damned sherriff saw it all and was laughing as he got in his car and drove away.

There is something about this story that made me laugh. Sorry, but I had to.

I was doing the Taurus recall and trimming the inner fender. Used a die grinder with what we called a "meat saw" on the end of it. It got pinched or in a bind, jumpped out of the fender and sliced my finger to the bone. Cut the nerves in half so I did not feel a thing. Im not queezy about the sight of blood...unless it's mine. I was sitting in the bathroom/locker room and the boss and the head tech came in looking at the drip marks on the floor.

That injury paid me a little over a grand. Still don't have all of the feeling there and it has been well over a decade.

SWS

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well after cracking a pair of prescription safety glasses in half at work, I decided to get one of these: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...group_ID=24166&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog They're a heck of a lot cheaper than new glass lenses all the time and I can switch the lenses from clear to welding in about 20 seconds, just pop it off and on. Plus its really comfortable and with how big the lenses are you don't feel like your wearing a mask and it doesn't fog up either.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a corner with sandals on (and socks). I had a nice big ol cup of coffee (20 oz) and took a corner with it sitting on my armrest, Took a right turn and SPLASH!!!! all over my foot. It was hot a t first then with the sock on it just got hotter and hotter,hottest. That was three weeks ago. The coffee was so hot that ( I was still feeling little pain or so I thought ,from the night before) Now my right foot still has to have the sock peeled off slowly. I have never felt a burn sooo bad and last sooo long, and I have blown myself up with gas on a bonfire before and burned the hell outta my right side, leg,arm,face,ear,hair,etc... I now have a new fear and respect of hot coffee. That schit IS HOT!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online