BB code injectors

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I just finished pulling the injectors out of the truck in my sig and was surprised to find BB code injectors, my question is when were BB code injectors available. Here's the numbers as from top to bottom of injector
BB
LJC6760301 CAV England EH
805C1
Do these numbers match with BB codes, I just want to know if these are legit, cause all of them are the same. I'm going to have them pop tested tomorrow.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marnin, I'm not sure what the other numbers mean, but if they have BB stamped on the flat portion on the hexagon (part where your socket touches them) then they are BB's. I'm not sure when they came stock on these IDI's, but someone else may.

Getting them testest is a great idea. Let us know what that shows.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double B's seemed to replace the more popular D code injector at some point. We used to have a lot of letters availble, but now things seemed to have settled down to just the BB's and G codes.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
BB injectors have been available for a long time.... CAV has offered them for some time. Are your injectors painted grey... If so and the motor has not been repainted by you or the previous owner then they are probably original injectors. About time for replacements. How many miles are on th rig...

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
They are the same paint color, 198,000 miles getting them pop tested today, on the number 8 cylinder the injector nozzle rusted in place and broke off the injector so that needs replacing, where is a good place to BB injectors I know type4 can get em, but any where else.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i got some used ones, thet ran in the engine they were pulled from, but i cant garuntee them to be perfect, but i would sell them to you for 25+shipping cost

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Just got back form having them pop tested, all eight bad spray patterns, and highest pop was 1200 psi, got eight brand new BB codes that popped at 1900 psi, $325 and they came with o-rings.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No surprise, that price is a little steep but he had you over a barrel. Not too bad though, at $40.60 each after tax for new ones that's pretty acceptable, especially if he was nice enough to make it a matched set at 1900 each +- 50 psi. Did they come with a return line kit? I bet you'll get better fuel economy and less smoke.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to chime in and say with 198K on them, why were you even going to pop test them, as I would have guaranteed you they were all bad. But... I decided not too, because maybe you were troubleshooting a miss or something, and it is always better to KNOW then to GUESS what is wrong.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back form having them pop tested, all eight bad spray patterns, and highest pop was 1200 psi, got eight brand new BB codes that popped at 1900 psi, $325 and they came with o-rings.

There you go. Those sound like my DPS injectors with just under 20,000 on them.:puke: Now, once you get them installed, let us know how things are working. If things are better but, not right, the IP may be next on your list of purchases.

Heath

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
My IP is being rebuilt, by the same people Columbus Diesel Supply, really nice shop we'll see how they do, $440 to rebuild it with a one year warrenty, and while their in there they'll set the full load to 4000 rpm:thumbsup: and do a little work to help it fuel hard until then but nothing crazy with no turbo.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My IP is being rebuilt, by the same people Columbus Diesel Supply, really nice shop we'll see how they do, $440 to rebuild it with a one year warrenty, and while their in there they'll set the full load to 4000 rpm:thumbsup: and do a little work to help it fuel hard until then but nothing crazy with no turbo.

;Sweet;Sweet

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I was going to chime in and say with 198K on them, why were you even going to pop test them, as I would have guaranteed you they were all bad. But... I decided not too, because maybe you were troubleshooting a miss or something, and it is always better to KNOW then to GUESS what is wrong.

wouldn't have even worried about the mileage myself, once a tip broke off on the one, the whole set woulda been replaced then and there LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cool Marnin. Sound likes she's going to be running great, just in time for the Rally.:D

Heath