Battery terminal protectors

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
we use them on all out bats now. we have not had a single issue with corrosion in the past year since we started using them. for the money i think they are well worth it.

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from an ex Autozone parts salesman, they do have their benefits. They kind of absorb the corrosion. They're particularly good for those terminals that no matter how hard you try they won't set flush against the base, therefore creating a gap. They are a cheap investment for those of us who don't break out the baking soda often enough. I've used it all and baking soda is the best thing I've ever used. I personally hate putting dielectric grease on battery terminals (tho I was required to do so) seems to not have as good of a connection and the terminals work their way loose. Grease is great for screw in terminals like in gm cars. I've never used the protective spray but have seen good results with it.

All in all I think they're worth the $0.99. These have no negative effects that I've found.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, the hi-temp stuff works so well. I've used it and had it last the life of the battery in an extremely hot climate. And it doesn't need to be redone AT ALL.

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I use it I put it on light and glob it on top. But as stated I've had terminals pop off because of the grease and also had them lose connection.

lilredtdi

Reaction score
I use the felt protectors on all of my stuff. I also use the Thomas Betts, copper protector. It is a grease with copper in it. Prevents corrosion and increases connectivity. Have had the same can for 20+ years and is still 1/2 full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online