barely any heat in cab, seems radiator/water pump below temp as well?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aluminum is very conductive. Lol
Basically you add a ground to the heater core.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

:***:Did I write!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL What a maroon!! Sheesh.

Because it is so well insulated, how is it corroding through the fresh water circuit? It's totally surrounded by rubber, plastic or foam, and attached to rubber!!

There... that's what I was thinking.... I thought.... sheeeesh.... obviously the coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and stupid was at full throttle!!!!

Will solder on one of my "aluminum" eyelettes, and run a ground wire. I still can't believe I said that in public.... :frustrate:frustrate:rotflmao

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:***:Did I write!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL What a maroon!! Sheesh.

Because it is so well insulated, how is it corroding through the fresh water circuit? It's totally surrounded by rubber, plastic or foam, and attached to rubber!!

There... that's what I was thinking.... I thought.... sheeeesh.... obviously the coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and stupid was at full throttle!!!!

Will solder on one of my "aluminum" eyelettes, and run a ground wire. I still can't believe I said that in public.... :frustrate:frustrate:rotflmao

Read up on this thread, it’ll make you fell better about that mistake!

https://www.oilburners.net/posts/924571/

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOLLOLLOL

Thanx for the moral support!!!

I'm gunna drive my burner home now, and open some bourbon.... I might just smell it, don't wanna risk another ridiculous post in the same day!! :fan::joker:

Have a great weekend!!!!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Capt,

The electrical current is in the coolant, so in this case, all the rubber hoses don't matter.

I've seen a test with a digital meter, where you put one probe tip in the coolant and touch the other tip to the battery negative, and you can measure several millivolts between the two.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.ve-labs.net/electrolysis-101/how-to-test

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online