Banks TE06H Parts Update

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been emailing with this new startup company called Kamak Dynamics Co LTD.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20325460994&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 This is their Ebay site. I have send several emails to them about this part being made by them or Mitsubishi. The continue to tell me its a Kamak OEM part. Well finally they understood what I wanted. They make the parts and not mitsubishi. Banks wont sell the parts and neither will Mitsubishi because they are propriatary parts for the Banks Sidewinder turbos. Thats just a bunch of crap banks holding a large company by the short hairs to get the business. Had I known this years ago before I bought from Banks I would have gone somewhere else. Just incase someone is trying to buy sidewinder parts I have to say... Lots-o-luck.... Anybody know where I can buy a hot side wheel? Its made out of inconel so don't think its just simple stainless steel. I know the cold side wheel is aluminum and that easy to find. I don't need that wheel... Just another bummer bit of informataion going out there....-cuss

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
FWIW the same turbo is used on the mid 90's Mitsubishi EEklips. There are numerous shops that have parts to rebuild/modify them.

FARMFUEL

VEGGIE BURNER
Reaction score
icanfixall,

I bought my sidewinder at a junkyard- the whole kit- for 220.00 because the motor was blown up. Problem is that I didn't know the turbine wheel doesn't come off the shaft. The piston rings ate it up. You have to buy the whole assembly. It's either E or H is the shaft diameter/size. I took my turbo to www.dallasturbo.com for him to run through it. His standard balanced rebuild including the turbine wheel/shaft assmebly replacement was 480.00 out the door. I live in Dallas, and he's in Irving (next town over). His name is Mike Swartz. Call him at: 800-297-3626. The name of the company is Majestic turbo. He also modified mine by boring out the compressor housing to install a .57 trim compressor wheel, and clipped the exhaust blades 15* for faster spool-up. That was and additional 300 something. Perhaps he can order you the shaft/exhaust wheel assembly, but it will still need to be balanced. Too bad the TE06H isn't water cooled and doens't ride on bearings. Best of luck to you.

FARMFUEL

VEGGIE BURNER
Reaction score
Fiddy,

I got my pump turned all the way up. I'm running factory injectors and a IH overhauled factory pump. It dumps smoke in 1st, and I've got a gillis valve spliced into the wastegate hose. It wastes at 11 on the gauge, so I figure it spins up to 12psi. Mike told me not to take it past 12- it's got bushings, not bearings. It can melt. Good thing he balanced it, I guess.

Honestly, I can't compare how it was before the turbo mod. The factory TE06H couldn't have made more power than what it's making now. I'm spinning 285's w/ 3.55 gears. If I spent 2,500.00 on a Banks Sidewinder, I'd be pissed at how marginal the power difference is. I bought this truck N/A, so don't get me wrong...it does help, it just didn't turn it into the hod rod that I thought it would I guess.

I've got an Isuzu NPR intercooler I plan on re-coring for a wider width (basically re-using the tanks). It's 2" thick, 19" in height, and the boost tubes come out at the top of the tank, not the middle (less bends means less drop in psi), that and it's the correct diameter to hook up to the compressor housing, and the correct diameter to dump into the Banks inlet hat. The inlet hat might need some massaging to get it to fit, but where there's a will, there's a way, right? One day on that; I've got bigger projects for now.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used Majestic when I worked on equipment at DFW, Stand up guy.
I dont know why not over 12 lbs tho, unless the mitsi turbo is substandard, cummins use bushings in the holset turbo, 25 psi and up, maybe it is the rpm of higher boost on that small wheel.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
you definitely hit it on the head icanfixall

freakin legal bureaucracy even though mitsu made them banks holds the legal rights to design and parts........... garret wont sell you parts for them either for the same legal reason

banks has this wrapped up in a tight little bow huh???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes