Banks non-wastegate turbo

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an early Banks non wastegate turbo. Just the turbo, downpipe, and mounting bracket. Also has a thermocouple in the housing. Turbo seems to be in good shape. NOT a complete kit.

$200 OBO

Located in Fontana, CA
(925) 699-2286
Logan

Attachments

• turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 28
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
are you still selling your turbo? who makes it?(its sold by banks, but its made by who?) can you take the numbers and post them up..... is it a mitsu turbo?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
are you still selling your turbo? who makes it?(its sold by banks, but its made by who?) can you take the numbers and post them up..... is it a mitsu turbo?

If its the early non gated it should be a garrett, but it could be the mitzu, dont be scared of it just cause it would be a mitsu there pretty decent stuff a little hard to find parts for at times and not the cheapest but still decent stuff

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Definitely don't be afraid of the Mitsubishi turbo. MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) makes tons of turbos for an almost endless number of heavy equipment.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't be afraid of the Mitsubishi turbo. MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) makes tons of turbos for an almost endless number of heavy equipment.
do be warned that mitsu will spec build a turbo for Banks. I don't know about the non-WG models, but the WG models have proprietary parts. that translates into you're really going to have fun finding parts when it comes to rebuild time.

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll try to get a little more info and some pics on it this week. thanks to all that have added some info for me ;Sweet

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright got the numbers off it. I still have no idea how to tell if its a garrett or a mitsu :dunno

Serial: 12000
Part Number: 24002
Model Number: 311457T04B
And cast onto the hot side: 164/89

If there's any positive way to ID it as a garrett or a mitsubishi let me know

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
alright got the numbers off it. I still have no idea how to tell if its a garrett or a mitsu :dunno

Serial: 12000
Part Number: 24002
Model Number: 311457T04B
And cast onto the hot side: 164/89

If there's any positive way to ID it as a garrett or a mitsubishi let me know

Pretty sure its a garret i could tell you if i could see a picture of it

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
According to google. Which was little help, I found a Honda forum and all of them said it was a Garret. Same part no and model number too. But it want for a honda he got it for free and didn't know what it fit.

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyoung clean out you're inbox i'd like to figure out a deal with you on this thing