Thread: 7/8-14

O.D.: 4 1/4 (108.0)

Length: 4 11/16 (119.1)

I. Gskt.: G381-A

UPC: 7 91440 00850 2

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least 28. If you run any sort of alternative fuels and still use the factory style filter on the 83-7 that originally had a 6.9 in it then spares are a must. Autozone sells a fuel filter for $11.49 and O'reilly's still has a Fram for $8.49. Seems like prices are shooting up again on stuff so I don't have faith on the Fram price for long. Baldwin is considered to be of better construction than most fuel filters. I know that the cans on other Baldwin filters I have feel more stout. I cannot find the micron rating of that Baldwin filter but the standard micron rating of those filters by Ford/IHC is 6 micron. I find it hard to believe a manufacturer would risk lawsuits by changing the micron rating to a number that lets larger particles through. 5 bucks for a Baldwin is a steal. That's why I posted this here. I have already bought a dozen for my 6.9 trucks.

IdIot

Village IDIot
Reaction score
i bought the 28 filters from the original link

now they have a new auction with 25 available

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, good for you. They were doing the same thing with the 7.3 filters until their stock started getting low. As much stuff that they sold to us oilburners you'd think they'd just offer it to us first.

IdIot

Village IDIot
Reaction score
At least 28. If you run any sort of alternative fuels and still use the factory style filter on the 83-7 that originally had a 6.9 in it then spares are a must. Autozone sells a fuel filter for $11.49 and O'reilly's still has a Fram for $8.49. Seems like prices are shooting up again on stuff so I don't have faith on the Fram price for long. Baldwin is considered to be of better construction than most fuel filters. I know that the cans on other Baldwin filters I have feel more stout. I cannot find the micron rating of that Baldwin filter but the standard micron rating of those filters by Ford/IHC is 6 micron. I find it hard to believe a manufacturer would risk lawsuits by changing the micron rating to a number that lets larger particles through. 5 bucks for a Baldwin is a steal. That's why I posted this here. I have already bought a dozen for my 6.9 trucks.

I would not use Fram filters even if they were free.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you definately don't have to worry about that anymore. I had to drive to L.A. last year to pick up some equipment. I was on a time constraint and left in the night. What I didn't know was my filter on my 91 was at the end of it's life. I was running wmo in my truck and it was also possible that I put some unfiltered wmo in my truck. I stalled rolling into the bug station close to Topaz lake. I got running again and down the road before stalling again. I had some gasoline with me so I washed out the filter and took off again. I did this 15-20 times over the course of my trip since the fuel filter was gonna cost around $35- $50. If there was a cheap fram available on my path I might've bought it rather than go through what I did. Of course my old filter would have been soaking in the back of my truck in case of problems