E-Fuel DIY (Regulated High Pressure)

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
The point of this post it to share what I did when converting to E-Fuel, I am not referring any of these parts, or making a claim on their quality. Please do your own research on going to a E-Fuel system. There is almost no need for going to a E-Fuel system unless you have a very demanding engine (heavily built). I went to E-Fuel only because my eccentric lobe on the cam has been worn to the point that it no longer operates the pump properly. If you are having a problem with mech. pumps going out quickly, you are either buying a cheap replacement, or you have contaminates in your fuel system that you need to deal with before considering doing anything else. If you have any inputs on this, feel free to voice them below.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
Good job !! Thank you...!!

This is certainly an option for someone that finds themself in the same situation as you...

Nice job putting it all together and explaining it...
Thanks, I just noticed I didn't add in the npt to 6an fittings you need. but I really hope people will be able to put the pieces together and save themselves a couple hundred dollars on buying a fass or the R&D kit. Those are great options for people that have the money but not the knowledge to put together their own system. But I think this here is easy enough that anyone can do.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my essentric is comprised somehow, because my pump is being weird. My thing is "it's gotta pump WMO" I like the pump that @ISPKI brought up a while back because it actually says it's for bio fuel and diesel. It's a walbro frb13-2. Everyone swears by the Holley red/black, but thanks to the recent thread I'm paranoid about them.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my essentric is comprised somehow, because my pump is being weird. My thing is "it's gotta pump WMO" I like the pump that @ISPKI brought up a while back because it actually says it's for bio fuel and diesel. It's a walbro frb13-2. Everyone swears by the Holley red/black, but thanks to the recent thread I'm paranoid about them.
Okay, so here's the thing with the Holley red.
I'm a walbro fan boy, so i will always be bias to them, i would use the GSL-395 before the holley red. BUT, i will recognize that the holley red is hands down the best E pump that is rated to do the job, and it can supply the fuel up to around 300hp i believe. So, yes, the Holley red is going to be the go to pump for sticking with a low pressure setup.
People having issues with this pump are more than likely not providing the pump with a proper power source and ground, or they have a contaminated fuel system that is causing premature failure. In any system, if your fuel is contaminated, you're going to have issues, this is why we install the 2 micron fuel water separator before the pump.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
For anyone following, I made a couple adjustments to the chart, please excuse spelling errors LOL, you get the point. if anyone sees anything I have over looked please let me know. No, the pump is not rated for diesel or WMO. I have been running this system for 6 months now smoothly with no issues yet. The pump still sounds healthy and a service my filters as they should be.
You should be able to adapt any pump you want to to this system aside from having to source inlet and outlet fittings for the pump. Pumps like the Holley red have 3/8 npt threads, not 1/8th.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to adapt this Walbro setup to use a stock dual tank setup... I assume if you tap the regulator return to the injection pump return it causes backpressure issues and messes with timing? What about tapping the fuel return further down the line near the tank selector?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe you could T both of your lines. Draw from both tanks and return to both tanks? Maybe do a crossover fuel line like big trucks do? That way you could draw and return from one tank, but the fuel levels would stay the same in both tanks? Then again, maybe those ideas are completely undoable for some reason. :dunno

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to adapt this Walbro setup to use a stock dual tank setup... I assume if you tap the regulator return to the injection pump return it causes backpressure issues and messes with timing? What about tapping the fuel return further down the line near the tank selector?
It is possible to still use the stock selector valve, you would just need to find the proper fittings, and i would suggest running a pump for each tank, and regulating both tanks before the selector valve. I would not recommend adding that much pressure to the selector valve or putting the pump after the selector valve because the distance from the rear tank. Hope this helps.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
Also feel free to message me about it, there is cheaper options for the fuel pump. One that i have been running for over a year now that seems to be doing great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.