Back in an IDI

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I sold off my fleet of IDIs to pay for my SuperDuty Western Hauler.

You must be registered for see images attach

After putting 20k miles on the SD this year I decided I really do need a fleet of trucks. So a couple weeks ago I got a unbelievable deal on a '88 F350 crewcab 4x4 on a 4" lift. It's a 7.3 C6 with only 107k on it. The interior is like new. It was owned by an retired couple and it was their baby.

Of course it needs a Turbo, so Friday I picked up this F250 ext cab 4x4 Dually conversion with a Banks Turbo for $1000. I'm gonna pull the turbo then fix up the F250 a little and resale it.

It feels good to have IDIs in the driveway again.

Last edited:

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Now that is how IDI's are supposed to be 1 Ton, 4x4, C-6 and of course 4.10 gears man you are in there.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i like the color scheme on that '88. less "dated" looking than the '80's brown i have on mine.

do you have 4.10 or 3.55 gears in that srw?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Sweet ride. I'm hoping to buy another IDI someday if fuel goes down a little more. That is exactly the setup I would probably look for as well, allthough i'm more partial to either the brick nose(80-86) and the OBS(92-97). Would hope for a turbo, manual, and 4.10's. Ideal setup would be a 7.3 with a turbo-block, head studs, ATS Aurora, some sort of intercooler, moose pump, aluminum rad, 3" dp, 5" straight exhaust, with a zf-5 and possibly a gv, plus 4x4. A custom cam would also be pretty sweet. Throw all that in a crew-cab srw, and life would be great.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the color scheme on that '88. less "dated" looking than the '80's brown i have on mine.

do you have 4.10 or 3.55 gears in that srw?

The '88 has 4.10s. Actually all my IDIs have had 4.10s except for the '86 F250 I picked up for the turbo it has 3.55s.

the '88 was originally white and brown. The original owner had the dealership repaint the stripe blue. The interior is brown, so it makes for an odd color combination.

Now the "unbelievable" part of the deal on the '88 it was FREE!!!!:D:D The Po had only put a few hundred miles a year on it for the past 10 years and did not want to pay another years registration. They were real picky about who got the truck. I had to write a lenghty email about how I would use and care for the truckalong with my diesel related background. They actually did interviews with potential owners. It was like adopting their child.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's excellent. Wish more people did that. ;)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wow you are a lucky guy ;Sweet I wish I could find a couple people around here giving their trucks away like that :D:hail