Back in an IDI

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They actually did interviews with potential owners. It was like adopting their child.
OMG is it a truck or a child????

But yes Ive also had to talk my way into things like you did... You get to a point where you wonder if they really want to part with it.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG is it a truck or a child????

But yes Ive also had to talk my way into things like you did... You get to a point where you wonder if they really want to part with it.

They wanted to make sure the truck went to someone that could put it to good use and had the ability to properly maintain it. I thought for a minute that the guys wife was gonna get emotional. It is a good addition to my fleet as now we have 2 4wds and vehicles that will hold the whole family (4 kids).

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lucky stiff! I tried to get that crewcab from them too. And I'm jealous of the Banks truck deal as well

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people emailed them on the truck. I figured that I didn't have a chance to get it. Before I met them I thought it might be a scam , considered taking witnesses and a gun incase they were gonna rob me.LOL

Devilish, if you're intersted in the banks truck it will be for sale after I pull the Turbo. It needs some work mostly cosmetic but I did drive it home from Auburn with no trouble.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85hauler I was looking at the pictures and I have to ask something. You living in Cold Springs? The houses kinda look modular. Large backyard and mountains nearby with a little snow. Could be Verdi or Mogul. Could be Spanish Springs too but I don't think there's snow over there.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85hauler I was looking at the pictures and I have to ask something. You living in Cold Springs? The houses kinda look modular. Large backyard and mountains nearby with a little snow. Could be Verdi or Mogul. Could be Spanish Springs too but I don't think there's snow over there.

Sorry for the late reply. Don't know how I missed it.:dunno I live at the very back of Lemmon Valley. No modulars out here.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah no trees on the hill in the background so that would've ruled out verdi and mogul

tractorman86

Reaction score
that's a hell of a deal, good to see people not just hocking their old trucks off to the first crack head that comes along with the most money. so what progress have you made?

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what progress have you made?

I installed the turbo on the '88 from the '86 F250. Made an intake with a 6637 air filter. Installed gauges (boost/pryo/trans temp) on the pillar. Straight piped exhaust. I installed the 45gal aft tank from the 250 last night. Other than that just maintance items fluids return lines etc. So far it has been a trouble free truck but I've only put a couple thousand miles on it.

I've mostly put the F250 back together with the leftovers from the '88. I still need to put the stock aft tank in then I'm gonna try to sell the '86 F250. If it doesn't sell quick then I'll fix it up (mostly cosmetic) and try to sell again in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online