Autozone Clutch system update...WOW!!

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Well,I just got a chance to go through and take a good close look and let you all know what I found. To say I am ecstatic would be an understatement!! The Disc is a Duel 10 Spring and measures 12.25! Yes! The pressure plate and disc are both stampeded FW...Could that stand for Fort Worth Clutch?? I'll bet it does. Flywheel has F-76 cast into it so I assume most are the same,correct me if I'm wrong. For 269.00 shipped I think I stole it!! Thanks Autozone!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty fair deal for a Ft Wayne clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing. I went with their Kevlar clutch kit and its been really good for the last 20k miles. The reverse gear in the ZFs is a clutch burner, especially if you are backing up with a trailer a lot. If you have a transfer case, use low, if not just be careful. Good luck.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Thanks lotsagoodstuff,
I was building a S-47 2 wheel drive trans for my cc dually, when I stumbled on a great deal on a S-42 from a 460 7.5. It's a 4x4 with transfer case so I will now have super low 1st + transfer case Low in my 2 wheel drive truck! I went to 3.55s in the rear so this combo should be the ticket I'm thinking!