'86 6.9L 5speed part or Sell

arctic-20v

Reaction score
1986 F-250 Standard cab long box 6.9l 4x4 ZF5 & BW 1356 swap

Mileage unknown on pick up, motor, (dash shows 39,000, unnkown if 139,000 or 239,000...) transmission, and transfer case.

4,000 miles on 5spd swap.
Parts installed during swap. (installed new unless otherwise noted)

Napa/Luk solid flywheel and 12.25" clutch (pilot & throw out bearing)
Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Rear drive line built by drive-line services of Lewiston ID (new tube, reused ends)
Used 130 amp alternator
Used ZF5 5spd shifts smoothly. (needs new reverse sensor switch)
Used BW 1356
Copper radiator (non ac style)
Upper and lower radiator hoses
(8) ZD-9 motorcraft glow plugs wired to to switch
OFI return kit
Napa/wix water/fuel filter (Replaced factory separator)
Rearmain seal
Rear brake cylinders
Used Sterling 10.25 ilmited slip rear axle (3.55)
U-Joints front & rear shafts
Motorcraft fuel filter
Home made fire wall repair plate.
Used Delta truck box

Pick up is four different colors, 2 tone blue/white cab, 2 tone (87 body style) tan/brown box no tailgate not pretty by any standards. Motor consumes oil/blows lots of blue smoke, could be valve seals or more. Daily drives nicely with zf5 combination, i am getting 18mpg mixed driving. Selling/Parting due to lack of interest to continue on with this project. (will try to get photos uploaded in next couple of days)

Looking to either part out my zf5/1356/clutch set up(Clutch,FW,PP,SC,MC) and drive line as 1 package or sell pick up as a whole. Asking 850obo for transmission package. Make offer on whole pick-up i'll give you a deal for not making me turn wrenches.

If sold as a whole, sale would include spare set of used heads w/ manifolds, vacuum pump, 7.3l fuel filter set up, 5 cab lights with harness and other spare parts I have.

Located 1.5 hours South of Spokane WA in the Pullman area. Prefer not to ship, could deliver to Spokane, possibly Portland/Seattle for price of fuel.

arctic-20v

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mrbison

Reaction score
Any interest in selling the gauge cluster, tach sensor and the part of the oil fill housing where the sensor screws into?
My '84 needs a tach...

arctic-20v

Reaction score
Any interest in selling the gauge cluster, tach sensor and the part of the oil fill housing where the sensor screws into?
My '84 needs a tach...

At this time I'm trying to let the sale of the transmission and related parts decide if ill part out the pick up or sell it whole. Once someone buys the transmission, I will then be willing to part out the remaining items on the pick up.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I would be interested in the engine. what is your price on it. I am 3 hours east of spokane in western montana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert