Clutch Identification Issues for SMF

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my transmission guy has had three clutches dropped off so far and none of them fit :dunno

Here's what I know: the solid flywheel diameter is 14 3/4" on the facing and 15 3/4" from tooth to tooth. The failed clutch disk measures 11" in diameter. Please bear in mind that I had this in my truck for several years and about 30,000 miles.

The issue is the bolt holes on the pressure plate. My old flywheel has what appears to be the smaller 5/16"(?) bolt holes, and the new pressure plates just don't line up, although they look very close.

Anything I am overlooking? The old clutch disk appears to have a Valeo stamp on it, and I'm pretty certain it was remanned. All surfaces look excellent and starter engagement looks perfect as well.

As always, any help would be appreciated, I'm starting to believe the guys sending over the clutch kits may have the wrong parts in the box as the last one had no springs on the clutch disk and it was much larger (I assume DMF parts).

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a complete kit ONLY?

Contact Valeo and see what they say?

Take the disc and PP to the parts store for them to size up and compare???

throwing bones here....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesnt Valeo sell a SMF kit that has bolt holes for the pressure plate that wont line up with anything but their pressure plates?
You can always take your flywheel to a machine shop and have it redrilled for a standard pressure plate ( order in a 12 1/4 in clutch first so you can have a quieter clutch 9 hub springs instead of 4-5 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online