Eccentric issues.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm not interested in marrying a job like that right now.
Since you're not Mormon, you'd better not.;Poke
I've been kinda wanting to experiment with a Holley black and a regulator.
Now's the time. Just a few weeks back, I paid $280 for a Holley black and another $146 for a returning regulator and a T for putting a fuel pressure gauge in the fuel feed line. They probably won't be any cheaper.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're not Mormon, you'd better not.;Poke

Now's the time. Just a few weeks back, I paid $280 for a Holley black and another $146 for a returning regulator and a T for putting a fuel pressure gauge in the fuel feed line. They probably won't be any cheaper.
Definitely not Mormon. Im a one woman man. But yeah, they ain't getting cheeper.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out the "used but good" pump for the new one. The one I pulled out had gouges, but it's almost inconclusive scientific data.......THE DAD GUM SHAFT WAS BENT!, So I got to wonder: was it bent when I put it in? Did my eccentric bend it? Do woodchucks chuck wood? Anyways, it's appeared to be sucking air somewhere since I swapped them, but I haven't seen bubbles in my sight glass, so my conclusion today is that the comprised lever hasn't been pumping enough to keep up with high demand. I'm not going anywhere today, but my next trip out should tell me. The bit of driving I've done on this pump I've had to keep it at about 19-2000rpms any more than that for any sustained time and it starts sucking air, so maybe it's just the pump now.

Attachments

• IMG_20230930_124926.jpg
    IMG_20230930_124926.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230930_124956.jpg
    IMG_20230930_124956.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 12

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there's still gouging, I'm going to do the Holley black sometimes. And hey, @Austin86250 I did the picture with the phone, it works if your phone will cooperate. I can't see anything problematic, and I rotated it several times. These photos are eccentric.

Attachments

• IMG_20230930_122414.jpg
    IMG_20230930_122414.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230930_121249.jpg
    IMG_20230930_121249.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230930_120756.jpg
    IMG_20230930_120756.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 15

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely got some scoring on it, without being able to feel it it will be hard to tell how deep they are though. Could possibly use a long screwdriver and run across it to see if you can feel them.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious how the e-pump holds up for you with WMO. That has been a big reason for me staying with the mechanical pump.
Never-have-i-ether that has PA Biodiesel runs a Holley black with a regulator.

Replacing a $25 mechanical pump every year or 2 is a lot better sounding then a $400 pump and regulator plus all the other stuff I'll need, invent a bracket, fittings, probably another filter head, etc. Etc.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Never-have-i-ether that has PA Biodiesel runs a Holley black with a regulator.
Just remember that biodiesel is thinner than straight oil so you really can't compare the two.
probably another filter head,
Yes. You should run a filter before the e pump and one after as well. I paid the price because of the apparent lack of quality of the mechanical pumps these days and I want to do it right so that in the future, I'll still have enough available fuel. I don't want to build up the truck and then have to reengineer it all over again. That's why, even though I had a chance to buy a cheap PSD truck after I had the Bronco built, I didn't buy it. I didn't want to redo the entire Bronco again.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that biodiesel is thinner than straight oil so you really can't compare the two.

Yes. You should run a filter before the e pump and one after as well. I paid the price because of the apparent lack of quality of the mechanical pumps these days and I want to do it right so that in the future, I'll still have enough available fuel. I don't want to build up the truck and then have to reengineer it all over again. That's why, even though I had a chance to buy a cheap PSD truck after I had the Bronco built, I didn't buy it. I didn't want to redo the entire Bronco again.
He runs oil light I do. The company name is biodiesel and he has stuff to accommodate all alternative fuels like that. But yeah, filter before and after.

Minuteman96

Reaction score
He runs oil light I do. The company name is biodiesel and he has stuff to accommodate all alternative fuels like that. But yeah, filter before and after.
Sorry to hijack this thread but wanted to confirm the Holley black pump you’re referring too is Part number: 12-815-1 correct? I’m interested in popping one on to my truck and keeping a mechanical pump and hard lines in the tool box just for emergencies.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but wanted to confirm the Holley black pump you’re referring too is Part number: 12-815-1 correct? I’m interested in popping one on to my truck and keeping a mechanical pump and hard lines in the tool box just for emergencies.
As far as I know there's only one "Holley black". There's blue, red, and black. And not of the oil guys say they use the black, but @ttman4 uses the red and runs oil I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online