Automatic hubs

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fafnir is an excellent manufacturer. Has been around for a long while.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill here are the auto hub service instructions from the 1993 Ford Service Manual. My 1994 F350 has the auto hubs shown in the manual. Yours seem to different - at least I have not seen that bearing in the hubs on my truck. When I started having trouble with one of my hubs, I found that wheel bearing grease had gotten down into the hub guts and was causing the problem with the hub making a "grinding" sound and not wanting lock/unlock. I disassembled, cleaned and dipped the inner guts in ATF as the service manual specifies and all has been good since.
You must be registered for see images attach

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried to get a set of used hubs like mine for $76 and waited to exactly ten seconds to the end of bidding before hitting it... Only to find that my browser didn't log me into ebay!!! Arghh - stomping floor with my feet!!!

I lost my prey and I thought I was going to **** off some bidders with my bid jumping to $100 at the last second, thus preventing them from grabbing my hubs...

Err, that didn't sound right... But anyway...

But nooo, I wasn't signed in...;Pissed

Anyway, after I got over it, I went ahead and ordered two bearings and 4 more spindle lock pins...

That stinks!!! I was planning to overhaul those other hubs and then quickly swap out the hubs and be done with it... Sigh...

I bet I could write a book on these things that happen to me and make a million bucks!

"Know what I mean, Vern?"

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried to get a set of used hubs like mine for $76 and waited to exactly ten seconds to the end of bidding before hitting it... Only to find that my browser didn't log me into ebay!!! Arghh - stomping floor with my feet!!!

I lost my prey and I thought I was going to **** off some bidders with my bid jumping to $100 at the last second, thus preventing them from grabbing my hubs...

Err, that didn't sound right... But anyway...

But nooo, I wasn't signed in...;Pissed

Anyway, after I got over it, I went ahead and ordered two bearings and 4 more spindle lock pins...

That stinks!!! I was planning to overhaul those other hubs and then quickly swap out the hubs and be done with it... Sigh...

I bet I could write a book on these things that happen to me and make a million bucks!

"Know what I mean, Vern?"
That's the way my luck goes too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online

No members online now.